Sharp MX-B350W - hangs (2 units in a network)

Hi there,

I'm having troubles with two Sharp MX-B350W in my network (same problem occurs on both). They work fine until they hang, and these hangs are very often (usually after a few or several dozen prints). I'm not getting any feedback from the printer, there's no trace in logs, no error messages, nothing that could help me diagnose the problem. The printer just freezes on the screen that's being displayed that moment and there's nothing I can do, but I can still access it through web admin panel.

One of those printers has been updated to newest firmware version and it didn't help.

One more clue - when I disconnect the printer from the network, it just works fine. Also, other printers (not Sharp's) work fine in that network.

What might be the cause?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Sharp MX-B350W - hangs (2 units in a network)

Quote Originally Posted by Europanels View Post
    Hi there,

I'm having troubles with two Sharp MX-B350W in my network (same problem occurs on both). They work fine until they hang, and these hangs are very often (usually after a few or several dozen prints). I'm not getting any feedback from the printer, there's no trace in logs, no error messages, nothing that could help me diagnose the problem. The printer just freezes on the screen that's being displayed that moment and there's nothing I can do, but I can still access it through web admin panel.

One of those printers has been updated to newest firmware version and it didn't help.

One more clue - when I disconnect the printer from the network, it just works fine. Also, other printers (not Sharp's) work fine in that network.

What might be the cause?

You could try SIM 55-3 SW2 BIT7 change to 1

Quote Originally Posted by boutn View Post
    Thanks for your reply, although I found it a little too technical. Where and how should I change it?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks for your reply, although I found it a little too technical. Where and how should I change it?

You can change it by calling your Sharp technician

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boutn View Post
    What does this enable/disable? I have a pretty good list of SS settings and changing SW 2 bit 7 isn't listed.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Sharp MX-B350W - hangs (2 units in a network)

List of Sim 55-3

found in CTN forums, don't see what applies either?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi there,

What might be the cause?
    Because it only does it when connected to the network, I would look for IP address conflicts or corrupt print jobs on someone's PC. Maybe a laptop that is brought in later in the day or a computer that is turned on later than the rest. When it is turned on and connected to the network, it tries to reprint the corrupt job, and freezes up the machine.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Are the print drivers installed locally or are they shared from a server ?
    In the print driver, under Printer Properties, port tab, change the port type to LPR from the default of RAW. Click the box for byte counting, name the queue, then click Apply.
    You can also run 67-17 to flush print memory BUT this will dump SMTP / scan to email settings as well and I only use when I have to.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    What does this enable/disable? I have a pretty good list of SS settings and changing SW 2 bit 7 isn't listed.
    It disables power save functions or something like that.

We had a few customers where the printers kept locking up, only solutions was hard reboot.

No problems since...