Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Sharp mx 4070N good box?

don’t have much of a history on this one? Please share the good and the bad, Thanks in advance ,Dave

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Sharp mx 4070N good box?

Supplies don't usually get their rate life, especially fusers. It's better since the toners was updated to MX61NT** from MX60NT**, but still not great life from supplies. Other than that, it's a fair machine.

Technician

I work on this family every day. They are pretty good in my experience until around 600k+ impressions. Fuser's don't seem to last as long as they should, but everything else holds up pretty well.

The way the erase lamp is oriented seems to collect toner so I often see ghosting. Usually I clean it and can extend the life of the process unit for a while.

All things considered, its one of the better machines in Sharp's current line up.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp mx 4070N good box?

Quote Originally Posted by timroz View Post
    I work on this family every day. They are pretty good in my experience until around 600k+ impressions. Fuser's don't seem to last as long as they should, but everything else holds up pretty well.

The way the erase lamp is oriented seems to collect toner so I often see ghosting. Usually I clean it and can extend the life of the process unit for a while.

All things considered, its one of the better machines in Sharp's current line up.
    They added a toner scatter sheet to protect the blanking lamp and the new style drum frames has a larger cut in the mylar to also help protect the lamp. Always check the lamp when you have the drum out.

As to the OP:

The 70 series had it's teething pains, the higher S/N machine the better. Pretty much everything in the engine got a update. DV boxes, fuser, drums, transfer belt all had mods. the 71 series seems pretty solid now all the bugs have been fixed. That being said my low volume 70 series are just fine.
    We saw alot of drum blades fail due to age. The newer blades seem fine. Early fusers were crap. I rebuild the 70 series fuser with the 71 belt and LH. Works fine. The longer life supplies (when they make it) has definitely reduced service calls. Not an amazing machine but they work good enough. The predecessor MX2640 was a great little box. I'd say this line is comparable to it.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    They added a toner scatter sheet to protect the blanking lamp and the new style drum frames has a larger cut in the mylar to also help protect the lamp. Always check the lamp when you have the drum out.

As to the OP:

The 70 series had it's teething pains, the higher S/N machine the better. Pretty much everything in the engine got a update. DV boxes, fuser, drums, transfer belt all had mods. the 71 series seems pretty solid now all the bugs have been fixed. That being said my low volume 70 series are just fine.
    We saw alot of drum blades fail due to age. The newer blades seem fine. Early fusers were crap. I rebuild the 70 series fuser with the 71 belt and LH. Works fine. The longer life supplies (when they make it) has definitely reduced service calls. Not an amazing machine but they work good enough. The predecessor MX2640 was a great little box. I'd say this line is comparable to it.

Thanks all ,good info. Dave

Senior Tech 100+ Posts ridgemill's Avatar

We have had a few of these machines (as well as most of the Phoenix & Griffin range) fail when ejecting toner carts, causing a F2-9X. Might be prudent to keep a scrap machine, or a spare toner motor drive assembly in stock.

You can get the customer to run Toner Eject from Settings, and use a pen to just force out the carts. Or, running toner eject multiple times sometimes works.

Make sure when replacing the waste container, that the customer does a few pressed on either side to make sure it is fully seated. Have had a few drum locks caused by waste toner backing up from the front of the drum unit.

All this should apply to the entire Phoenix/Griffin/CR4.5 range.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Sharp mx 4070N good box?

Check fuser separation plate for buildup every call. It's pretty easy to take out and clean, causes rubbing noise and potential damage, good PM measure