Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Network Scanner Tool Lite

Hello, I recently saw mention of sharp scan tool lite and I have downloaded it.I am old school tech and not great at IT. I am learning though. Well after downloading I can put docs in doc feeder and initiate scan from the computer. and it works. Customer wants to initate the scan from the MFP. I dont know much of anything about the FTP/Desktop. What do I need to do to finnish setting this up? Thanks for any insight.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Network Scanner Tool Lite

One is pull scan other is push scan. Generally for push scan i.e. scan to email/SMB/FTP from MFP you need a proper setup of machine side plus environment side(computer/network/server).
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

What you're wanting to do is SMB. While most manufactures have some type of scan tool, I would advise learning to set up a scan folder the old fashioned way. Once you get the basics down, then you can use the scan tool. Kyocera has a scan tool, but I stopped using it. Well, mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    One is pull scan other is push scan. Generally for push scan i.e. scan to email/SMB/FTP from MFP you need a proper setup of machine side plus environment side(computer/network/server).
    Thanks for your reply. So what makes this scanner tool 'LITE" or is there a particular reason to use this.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    What you're wanting to do is SMB. While most manufactures have some type of scan tool, I would advise learning to set up a scan folder the old fashioned way. Once you get the basics down, then you can use the scan tool. Kyocera has a scan tool, but I stopped using it. Well, mostly.

The network scanner lite tool used FTP scanning, not SMB.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    Hello, I recently saw mention of sharp scan tool lite and I have downloaded it.I am old school tech and not great at IT. I am learning though. Well after downloading I can put docs in doc feeder and initiate scan from the computer. and it works. Customer wants to initate the scan from the MFP. I dont know much of anything about the FTP/Desktop. What do I need to do to finnish setting this up? Thanks for any insight.

This tool should have put the information for this scanning in the address book of the copier.

Look under FTP scanning and then check the address book for the path to the folder.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Thanks for your reply. So what makes this scanner tool 'LITE" or is there a particular reason to use this.
    I'm really sorry Sharp MFPs are completely out of my expertise. I was talking in general.
    Please wait a bit for Sharp techs to come regarding special software/settings.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Sharpdesk and the network scanner tool (NST) is essentially an ftp server with a lot of window dressing.

Once the NST has the file it could drop the file into a folder, attach to an outgoing email, OCR etc. Depending on the destination Sharpdesk would open for viewing the file or to manual process, email, ocr etc.

NST Lite is just the FTP portion of Sharpdesk.

For easy no fuss scanning I would recommend using
    Quick 'n Easy FTP Server Lite

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    I have found the Kyocera setup tool to be good with clients that have laptops that take them home and back to the office as it sets it up with the computer name as opposed to IP and have found it useful for this. Yes, I know I could setup an IP reservation on the router, but in my experience, setting up laptops that come and go, this tool has been pretty good and relatively quick.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Is there a reason you are not setting it up though SMB? Creating a folder on the PC and setting up the path on the mfp? Some older machines will not scan to smbv2, you could also use Sharpdesk witch is essentially an FTP.