F2-41 error on Sharp MX-3640N

I have a Sharp MX-3640N that has f2-41 error. I have changed out cyan toner, dv unit & drum. Now have a msg change cyan dv. And can't perform cyan dv adjustment sim 25-2. Does anyone have any suggestions.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: F2-41 error on Sharp MX-3640N

Sim 25 must be entered with the front door open and the toner cart removed. Also make sure you have drive to the DV unit. If it is not spinning, it will not pull toner into the dv unit and give an F2 code. These dv units have a spring loaded door that opens as it is slid into the machine. Check this as well

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

One thing I've learned to do, just before changing the DV or DV unit is to put a little bit of toner on the mag roller and then copy a sky shot. This shakes up the density and then the sky shot adds a ton of toner to hopefully put your density back where it needs to be.

I've also had to stick my vacuum hose in the DV & Toner slots to vacuum out any that has possibly blocked sensors. After vacuuming I will use a dry rag and collect anything that vacuum didn't get. Like was stated above, 25-2 has to be run with the toner out. I'm not sure about the door having to be open, I haven't had issues running it while closed but I could be wrong.

I'd also just double check the small things like making sure you removed the orange tape and any foam that may have been on the DV unit when you replaced it.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Sim 25 must be entered with the front door open and the toner cart removed. Also make sure you have drive to the DV unit. If it is not spinning, it will not pull toner into the dv unit and give an F2 code. These dv units have a spring loaded door that opens as it is slid into the machine. Check this as well

I have marked the dv gears & they are turning as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by aaa View Post
    I have a Sharp MX-3640N that has f2-41 error. I have changed out cyan toner, dv unit & drum. Now have a msg change cyan dv. And can't perform cyan dv adjustment sim 25-2. Does anyone have any suggestions.

I have never seed a Sharp copier tell you to change the developing unit. Are you sure it is not saying to install the developing unit? This could be caused by a bad connection of the connecter on the back of the developing unit to the connector in the machine.

Try running a 25-2 with the toner cartridges out of the machine.

If the reading for the cyan is a very low number the unit is over toner or there is not enough developer material in the unit.

If the reading is high then the unit is under toned.