Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp MX B402SC / Lift assembly

Hi
    I have only one of these I service and I am beginning to think that is a blessing. The First Cassette about 50% of the time after pulling it out and pushing back in
    gives me the message that it is lifting but it never does try to lift the paper into a ready position.If I power the machine OFF AND ON then it will lift the paper.
    I ordered a lift assembly for the machine and plan on replacing it. I was told that it is a real project to replace, yet when I look at the service manual It basically just shows me to take out the cassette and then remove one screw and connector and then the Paper Lift Drive Unit. Can anyone with experience on this model please clarify this for me?
    Thank you ALL for always showing a willing and generous spirit over the years.
    Andy

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Sharp MX B402SC / Lift assembly

Yep, it is fairly easy. Like you said just remove the screws, unplug it and the motor just comes out, it should take you about 15 mins, all done from the front of the machine after pulling out the paper tray.

Bear in mind with "add paper" or weird messages these machines had very flaky sensors in the PF unit. I've replaced many

Hey copiertec and JR2ALTA
    THANK YOU for replying so fast. It put my mind at ease that it is not as difficult as I have heard.
    I gtried to find the psart number for the sensors in the parts manual,but all I came up with was
    VHPG1A73A+-18 (GP1A73A) which I know is not correct ,I tried playing around with the last 4 digits of the part #
    trying some of the letters sharp ends their parts with. Would you be able to give me the part # for the sensors in the paper
    feed?
    THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALWAYS SUPPORTIVE HELP
    ANDY

The part # for the photo sensor is VHPGP1A73A+-18, AKA- Photo Sensor (GP1A73A)

Most photo sensors on Sharps are interchangeable or the same, so if you have another model in the parts room, you could rob one from there.

Quote Originally Posted by cucuklotz View Post
    Hi
    I have only one of these I service and I am beginning to think that is a blessing. The First Cassette about 50% of the time after pulling it out and pushing back in
    gives me the message that it is lifting but it never does try to lift the paper into a ready position.If I power the machine OFF AND ON then it will lift the paper.
    I ordered a lift assembly for the machine and plan on replacing it. I was told that it is a real project to replace, yet when I look at the service manual It basically just shows me to take out the cassette and then remove one screw and connector and then the Paper Lift Drive Unit. Can anyone with experience on this model please clarify this for me?
    Thank you ALL for always showing a willing and generous spirit over the years.
    Andy
    If it lifts after cycling the main power the lift unit will not fix it.
    Your problem is the upper limit sensor in the paper feed unit for that tray.
    The sensor part number you were given will fix it.

HI Everyone
    Sorry about getting back late to all of you who helped ,I took a little mental vacation(I did not want to think about anything especially the stress of dealing with these machines)
    I think after 45 years I am thinking of doing myself a favor and getting out as I only have a few customers ,Ill see. Thanks to all your help I was able to fix the machine.I replaced the lift assembly (WHICH DID NOT FIX THE PROBLEMS) and then changed ALL the sensors at once in the feed unit(Problems solved -Fixed erratic jamming issue and lift sensor problem)
    AGAIN THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME MUCH MUCH MUCH more than I have been able to help anyone over the years
    Andy