Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

MX-M 365 ADF issue

Machine started about 3 weeks ago displaying “a miss feed has occurred” randomly(2-3 times a day), even if they hadn’t used the ADF. Open/close too cover it would go away. I cleaned all sensors and checked all flags in the ADF, no staples/paper clips on board. Now after doing that the message will not clear to allow use of the ADF. There is no jam recorded in the jam log. I talked to a Sharp tech and he if baffled.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Dave

Re: MX-M 365 ADF issue

Quote Originally Posted by deputydogg View Post
    Machine started about 3 weeks ago displaying “a miss feed has occurred” randomly(2-3 times a day), even if they hadn’t used the ADF. Open/close too cover it would go away. I cleaned all sensors and checked all flags in the ADF, no staples/paper clips on board. Now after doing that the message will not clear to allow use of the ADF. There is no jam recorded in the jam log. I talked to a Sharp tech and he if baffled.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Dave
    replace the sensors...can give me ur serial no?

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lky1978 View Post
    replace the sensors...can give me ur serial no?

S/N 4500368800

All the sensors in the ADF ?
    Are they the same # ?

Quote Originally Posted by deputydogg View Post
    S/N 4500368800

All the sensors in the ADF ?
    Are they the same # ?
    jam code?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You may have done this but you can test the ADF sensors with sim 2-2.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lky1978 View Post
    jam code?

There is no jam code recorded.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mttech View Post
    You may have done this but you can test the ADF sensors with sim 2-2.
    In service mode, you can test the individual sensors and figure out exactly which one is causing the issue. If tech support didn't suggest this, Sharp has really gotten bad. The 2 that come to mind are the paper detect and the reg sensor where the paper makes the turn. These unit will have literal piles of paper dust when used frequently. You can also pull the job log and see if a jam is registered there.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX-M 365 ADF issue

There could be a paper clip on the doc feed board that could make periodic contact when they open or close doc feeder.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

You might be looking at the machine jam codes (sim 22-3). The ADF jams are listed separately in Simulation 22-12. I have encountered jams that don't show up but it's rare.

Keep in mind that when testing the sensors in Sim 2-2, a bad sensor might still appear to work. If it's however many milliseconds too slow it will still cause a misfeed. This makes it harder to determine which one is bad.

All machines manufactured before a certain date have older sometimes problematic sensors. There was a tech bulletin to replace them with the upgraded sensors (this is why lky1978 asked your serial #). I don't know the date/bulletin number off-hand. There are 2 types of sensors in the ADF, upgraded part numbers are VHPGP1S73P+-18 and VHPGP1A71L3-18.

If you can find a jam code in Sim 22-12 post it here. The SPOD jam code is usually caused by a sticky flag and/or too weak spring tension for example (sensor might be fine).

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doyvid View Post
    You might be looking at the machine jam codes (sim 22-3). The ADF jams are listed separately in Simulation 22-12. I have encountered jams that don't show up but it's rare.

Keep in mind that when testing the sensors in Sim 2-2, a bad sensor might still appear to work. If it's however many milliseconds too slow it will still cause a misfeed. This makes it harder to determine which one is bad.

All machines manufactured before a certain date have older sometimes problematic sensors. There was a tech bulletin to replace them with the upgraded sensors (this is why lky1978 asked your serial #). I don't know the date/bulletin number off-hand. There are 2 types of sensors in the ADF, upgraded part numbers are VHPGP1S73P+-18 and VHPGP1A71L3-18.

If you can find a jam code in Sim 22-12 post it here. The SPOD jam code is usually caused by a sticky flag and/or too weak spring tension for example (sensor might be fine).
    I tested all sensors in ADF with Sim 2-2, all passed.
    The jam codes listed are SPPD2_N SPPD4_S SPPD1_N but they are from April, not recent.
    Thanks