Technician

Email Users Counter

Hi, did some one know how to setting the machine will email the Users Usage Data Report to register email address, currently we only able to get the total count but for the users usage report unfortunately we can't make it. Any idea of it

Thanks a lot

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Re: Email Users Counter

There is not a way using email messages from the copier, it only provides limited information. Total count, toner levels, etc. I haven't used any monitoring software that would allow you to do this but I do know they exist.

Good luck

Bil

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Prints Charming's Avatar

I agree with Bil.
    This cannot be achieved without the use of a third party application. PaperCut NG is free for up to 5 users, and allows a generated report for user counts via email.

If you've been asked to do this by a company trying to see user counts, simply get the administrator to download or view the User Count info from the device webpage, or if more detailed info is needed, use the Job Log. No emailing required.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by bilyahn View Post
    There is not a way using email messages from the copier, it only provides limited information. Total count, toner levels, etc. I haven't used any monitoring software that would allow you to do this but I do know they exist.

Good luck

Bil

Thank you very much, Bill.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Prints Charming View Post
    I agree with Bil.
    This cannot be achieved without the use of a third party application. PaperCut NG is free for up to 5 users, and allows a generated report for user counts via email.

If you've been asked to do this by a company trying to see user counts, simply get the administrator to download or view the User Count info from the device webpage, or if more detailed info is needed, use the Job Log. No emailing required.
    Thank you very much, Prints Charming.