Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX-M 465 light washed out copies

Our company does a lot of rebuilds and the 465 family of machines all seem to have this problem. This one in particular has c.c. 59,000 copies. All maint is up to date. On auto exposure copies are washed out and light. If I try any of the manual exposure modes the copies look normal. In sim 46-2 exposure adjustment in Auto 1 and Auto 2 I go from 1to the max 99 setting and not any real difference. It seems mainly a problem with auto exposure mode. Seeing if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks. P.S. my sample charts dont really show the problem after being scanned in. The second one was the light one.Hansen Assoc_20211011_143725.pdf

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Re: MX-M 465 light washed out copies

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    Our company does a lot of rebuilds and the 465 family of machines all seem to have this problem. This one in particular has c.c. 59,000 copies. All maint is up to date. On auto exposure copies are washed out and light. If I try any of the manual exposure modes the copies look normal. In sim 46-2 exposure adjustment in Auto 1 and Auto 2 I go from 1to the max 99 setting and not any real difference. It seems mainly a problem with auto exposure mode. Seeing if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks. P.S. my sample charts dont really show the problem after being scanned in. The second one was the light one.Hansen Assoc_20211011_143725.pdf
    Sorry for asking, but I’ve been burned a couple times - did the operator put it “toner save”?
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

OEM toners? OEM drums?

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Are you running 46-24 calibration ?
    Auto Exposure (AE) can be adjusted in SIM 46-19. I prefer mode 1 (high contract).
    There is also a filter settings for soft, normal, and sharp.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Perhaps not related but I remember old Toshiba box where resetting drum counter affected a lot copy mode mainly in auto exposure.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

You are correct this series does this all of the time. I just switch the exposure to text and normally don't worry about it. One thing that I have done that helped on a color series machine is do an end of lease and wipe everything clean. For whatever reason this solved my very similar CQ issue. Since you are doing refurb I'm assuming you have already done this but if not it might be worth a try.

Good luck

Bil

Technician

It is a common issue with this series. Go into SIM 8-2 and adjust the main charger grid voltage.