Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sharp/Lexmark

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

Re: Sharp/Lexmark

What exactly are you wanting to add or remove from the home screen?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    What exactly are you wanting to add or remove from the home screen?
    The FAX maybe?
    Or add scan to folder locations?
    Or anything else that we do on the bigger machines...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp/Lexmark

I don't believe the initial screen on the Sharpmarks is customizable.

It is simply window dressing to hide the fact that it's a Lexmark.

The screen you arrive at when pressing "Advanced" is the Lexmark home screen I believe and this is customizable .

I tried some things and for now I don't think the splash screen can be altered. I have seen Lexmark built Konicas and they have their own unique operation panel that looks like a Konica OP.

The Sharpmark home screen may give the user the impression that it is like the other Sharps in their office but once they get past the home screen they are left to fumble through Lexmarks clunky screens.

I went to the apps and disabled the Fax app. Many users don't even use their machine as a fax. I was hoping this would remove the then useless Easy Fax icon but it didn't. Very dumb.

Here is the problem with any Mfgr rebadging things. We have been selling the Lexmark version of the MX-C407F for 5 years now. We now have a MX-C407F in the shop that throws Firmware Error 900.00 every day. It's firmware is the most current that Sharp offers which is TWO firmware version behind where Lexmark is at. The newest version of Lexmark firmware for this model addresses the issue of? You guessed it, 900.00 Firmware errors.

Technician

The default screen on the Sharpmarks can not be edited in any way according to tech support

Quote Originally Posted by boutn View Post
    The FAX maybe?
    Or add scan to folder locations?
    Or anything else that we do on the bigger machines...

Well...

I had to replace the controller pwb in a MX-C407F this morning and I did not put the fax module back in until I knew the machine would be opertaional with the new pwb.

When it came ready there were only 3 icons on the home screen. The Easy Fax icon was missing.

I guess you might remove the little fax module if the customer will not need it and then they won't have to look at an icon they won't use for the next decade. If they decide they want fax down the road you could put back in.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    I tried some things and for now I don't think the splash screen can be altered. I have seen Lexmark built Konicas and they have their own unique operation panel that looks like a Konica OP.

The Sharpmark home screen may give the user the impression that it is like the other Sharps in their office but once they get past the home screen they are left to fumble through Lexmarks clunky screens.

I went to the apps and disabled the Fax app. Many users don't even use their machine as a fax. I was hoping this would remove the then useless Easy Fax icon but it didn't. Very dumb.

Here is the problem with any Mfgr rebadging things. We have been selling the Lexmark version of the MX-C407F for 5 years now. We now have a MX-C407F in the shop that throws Firmware Error 900.00 every day. It's firmware is the most current that Sharp offers which is TWO firmware version behind where Lexmark is at. The newest version of Lexmark firmware for this model addresses the issue of? You guessed it, 900.00 Firmware errors.

Has anyone tried using Lexmark firmware on the Sharp yet?

i would assume you would get a firmware mismatch using a thumb drive or through the web page firmware update procedure.

If you run the Lexmark VSC, Firmare Update and do search with Sharpmarks on the network it find them but put a big read X next to them.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Sharp/Lexmark

Quote Originally Posted by kp101 View Post
    Has anyone tried using Lexmark firmware on the Sharp yet?
    ... 50/50 it would be either a fatal error or the update would simply fail to proceed.

I work on very similar relabelled Toshmarks (Toshiba/Lexmarks) and using Lexmark firmware to update a Toshiba fails to complete.

Toshiba has had such difficulty obtaining the Lexmark A4 colour copier that we have unofficially dropped these models in favor of Toshiba made A4 product.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... 50/50 it would be either a fatal error or the update would simply fail to proceed.

I work on very similar relabelled Toshmarks (Toshiba/Lexmarks) and using Lexmark firmware to update a Toshiba fails to complete.

Toshiba has had such difficulty obtaining the Lexmark A4 colour copier that we have unofficially dropped these models in favor of Toshiba made A4 product.

I know Lexmark has not given Sharp helpdesk anything to help us with. I had a C407 out of the box with several different kind of lines, would have been easier if they just sent me a new machine instead of every single part in it.

FYI you can call the lexmark hotline for help they just won't send any parts like Sharp will.