Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MX-3140N (latest firmware) office365 issues

Sharp MX-3140N with the latest firmware (0600A210 B) to allow TLS 1.2 scanning though Office365. Today the client called are are unable to scan through O365. I double checked the settings: SMTP.office365.com, port 587, with low encryption enabled as instructed by Sharp. When I test the smtp server though the machine it says " authentication failed check username and password, I checked with the client and they did not change the password. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: MX-3140N (latest firmware) office365 issues

User jcassaidy and others suggested changing the smtp server to SMTP.OUTLOOK365.com and the SSL security setting to medium. I assume you are using 0600A2I0_B not 0600A210_B

Quote Originally Posted by havokprod View Post
    User jcassaidy and others suggested changing the smtp server to SMTP.OUTLOOK365.com and the SSL security setting to medium. I assume you are using 0600A2I0_B not 0600A210_B
    Thank you, yes firmware is the latest that was issued (0600A2I0_B). I will give those settings a go and see what happens. I am also going to check and see if the reply email address has the (< >) symbols on both ends.
    Last edited by copiertec; 11-04-2021 at 01:22 PM.

I went back to the office and spent about another hour trying different suggestions and combinations and it was a no go, but once I used our office email settings it worked fine and it was able to send. The client just emailed us on Friday after speaking with their email host and suggested using these settings, Port: 25 with SSL off and TLS on. So, the issue is not the copier it's with the email host, I will be back on Monday to try to resolve the issue with the suggested settings.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Check the settings of the sending account....make sure "Authenticated SMTP" is checked
    Inked365_LI.jpg

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    I went back to the office and spent about another hour trying different suggestions and combinations and it was a no go, but once I used our office email settings it worked fine and it was able to send. The client just emailed us on Friday after speaking with their email host and suggested using these settings, Port: 25 with SSL off and TLS on. So, the issue is not the copier it's with the email host, I will be back on Monday to try to resolve the issue with the suggested settings.

I know your client said that they didn't change the password, but it never hurts to verify. I like to see them log in with said password.
    Growth is found only in adversity.