Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

change driver language

Hello,

I have a problems with changing driver languages. I have installed the dutch sharp MX3071 driver at the customer site. Now the customer preferes the english language. Well i thought no problem, but somehow even when i install the english driver the interface of the driver is still in Dutch. I'm thinking that somehow the driver language is set in the registry even though i totally uninstalled the driver package.

Does anyone maybe know how to get the english driver working.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Prints Charming's Avatar

Re: change driver language

Where are you downloading the English drivers from? Do you have a link you can provide?
    Are you downloading a new driver executable package for the correct region?
    Go into C:\Drivers and then the driver package folder. Do you see an English folder at the top?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I downloaded the english driver, it has a folder called EnglishA. I believe that when you install one language and you want to overwrite it with another language it will preserve the first installed language.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Use the old school way with Windows Add a Printer. If the device is listed, DO NOT click it but choose The printer I want isn't listed. Specify the ip address and uncheck Query the printer, then select Have Disk. Navigate to the folder of the driver, find the folder with the language you want, then select the driver.

Just remember you have to remove the drivers through print management console or programs and app to get a fresh install.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!