Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Sharp MX C301w Owner´s help required

Hi,

Firstofall I wolud like to say sorry for my english. Unfortunatelly I´m not a native english speaker.

I consider to buy Sharp Mx C301w. I will use this machine at home. I read in this forum, that this machine is a reliable one. Can somebody confirm this? And now to my problem,

I´m prety fussy about print quality especially when it comes to colors. Would somebody, who own a sharp mx c301w, print 4 pages from a pdf file out? (I managed to attach the pdf). Then take four phtotos of the printouts and email them to me or post here? I would be very greatful for that.

MXC301_print.pdf
    Last edited by blackadd; 11-11-2021 at 12:18 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

Re: Sharp MX C301w Owner´s help required

This is a good machine with little downtime it is not a production machine. while the colors are very good they do not compare to the newer sharp machines. this is an older model and and we still have a few out in small offices. Last firmware update was in 2019. I do not have any available to make any printouts on.

Technician

Thank you for the answer. I hope somebody else can make a printout for me. Is there maybe a Sharp model waht is comparable in terms of print qulity and color quality with mx c301w. On youtube there is some videos, in wich people make a copy of a chart and then compare the chart with a copy. I would look up for the model on youtube.

Technician

Can nobody else help me? Or at least say something about this model or to name another sharp model, what is near to this model in terms of print and color quality?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I dont have one to make prints from but I can say that the four units that we had out in the field were not very impressive. We had board problems,fuser and code problems. The print quality went bad before maint time was due. The four we had out have been replaced with kyoceras and they have been mainly troublefree. I have not much experience with kyoceras, we are a fairly new dealer for them. I dont know how they run for the long haul.

Technician

thank you for the answer. it sounds not so good. the machine seems to be not so reliable like I thought. Have all four machines had problems or only few of them? Can somebody else reporte his/her experience with this machine?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

A decent engine. We have 44 of this engine in the field. A mixture between the MX-C300P, MX-C300W and MX-C301W. The highest meter is at 445,000 and this machine has averaged 26,200 pages between calls.

Some we have placed in the field have never had a service call but they are low volume.

Technician

An easy wasy to get better prints is to use Hammermill 28lb paper.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

Exactly what I use when I want better quality too.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    A decent engine. We have 44 of this engine in the field. A mixture between the MX-C300P, MX-C300W and MX-C301W. The highest meter is at 445,000 and this machine has averaged 26,200 pages between calls.

Some we have placed in the field have never had a service call but they are low volume.
    Thank you for answering my questions. Can you say how low was the meter by machines without a service call? What were the most service call/calls about?