Sharp MX-7090 (8090) skew

Having a strange skew issue (see attachement) when printing on heavy custom size stock (280 gsm) from the bypass tray. Paper is 320x460 mm (not 320x450), and I have added a custom size in the menu. Printing with Heavy4 profile.

Now, if I trim it to 320x450 (SRA3), then it prints almost perfectly (little bit of skew, about 1 mm).

IMG_20211113_140100.jpg

Re: Sharp MX-7090 (8090) skew

One more strange thing is that if I print duplex on this paper, then the duplex side is printed ok. Like it prints crap on the first go and then figures out how to print on another side...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Prints Charming's Avatar

Does this happen on Plain Paper?
    You can enable auto correction for skew in the Administrator Adjustment Settings for the Pro series devices.
    Go to Image Position/Ratio/Area Adjustment menu, then Off Center Adjustment. Check default value 50 in Print Off Center Adjustment, and enable Main & Sub Scan Auto Adjustment in Auto Centering Adjustment Menu.

On plain paper it prints fine. Auto centre thing is enabled, actually when I disable it prints a little bit better but still skewed.

See illustration of how it prints. Gray is how it should print and red is how it prints.

Screenshot 2021-11-16 at 13.05.17.jpg

Go to simulation 51-2 and find the adjustment for heavy paper on the bypass.

Increase this number a little and then check the print for changes.

This increases the paper buckle at the registration roller to help correct a crooked feed issue.

OK I toyed with settings and it's printing more or less straight. I also created a custom paper profile and calibrated it so it prints dead center (using Side1/2, XY Print Position).

I try to print the next day with the same settings and it is off center again... it looks like if it sits idle for a while it shifts/drifts and I have to re-calibrate Side1/2 XY Print Position each time.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

P.S. Auto Centering is disabled. I does not work for me on this paper or tray.