Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Old fuser oil roller

Old fuser oil roller

Hey guys,

Any body know of a old machine that used a oil roller on the fuser?

The MX2610 used to have a oil roller that counter rotated against the lower press roller for cleaning. They then changed that to that orange piece of crap. Part# was CROLR1864FC31. Its no longer in stock and substituted.

The roller was 0.6" and 12.5" long.

Some of our MX4071 and 5071 color machines have a hard time making fuser life. The lower roller is always caked with toner. Sharp has that orange cleaning roller but it doesn't do much. The oil roller from a OLD mx260CR kit fits if you trim off the shaft.

Anybody know of a similar machine that has a roller that might be close enough?

oil.JPG
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Old fuser oil roller

Re: Old fuser oil roller

I am not familiar with this machine at all but..what happens if you simply remove the roller?

If memory serves some machines in the past that I worked on had similar issues where they replaced a oil saturated roller with either a steel or rubber roller.
    It would build up toner and crap out the fuser rollers, we removed the 'cleaning' roller entirely and the fusers would last.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent128 View Post
    I am not familiar with this machine at all but..what happens if you simply remove the roller?

If memory serves some machines in the past that I worked on had similar issues where they replaced a oil saturated roller with either a steel or rubber roller.
    It would build up toner and crap out the fuser rollers, we removed the 'cleaning' roller entirely and the fusers would last.
    Those were the 2600, 3100 series machines. It had a metal roller and just as you described it would collect toner. Over time, it would turn into a jagged, toner covered fuser roller destroyer.
    If you know The Walking Dead, think Negan's baseball bat, Lucille....in a fuser
    Remove them entirely and they ran just fine.

Lawrence, I want to say that is from a 2310 or one of those type models. They came out before the Aries and Virgo machines I believe.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Old fuser oil roller

It's probably also not available, but along the way, the Dragon have various kinds of cleaning rollers, all of which did more damage than good. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Old fuser oil roller

I remember the metal cleaning roller on the MX2600 and on the old ARM450. We took those out as well.

On the Ricoh MP5001,5002 the fuser has a web that we ripped out and put in a oil roller like the one in the picture. Those fusers went from a PM life of 160k to 500k easy. Every time you put in a new drum you changed the oil roller which was 2 screws and 2 minutes to change. That oil roller that used to be in the MX2610 fuser kit fits perfectly minus a quick zip of the shaft with the dremel. I was hoping we could get a similar life span on these fusers.

We did those fuser mods on the original dragons. The oil roller they used was much bigger if i remember. The first version turned against the fuser roller and had that metal screen to collect toner that started to shred the oil roller. Then they took the reverse gear out and let the roller turn with the fuser roller. Then the MX came out and had web and lived happily ever after.

Nobody else knows of a oil roller from another brand that might happen to fit the bill?

Old fuser oil roller

When sharp first designed the fuser on MX3071 it had a web. The lower frame is built for it and the connectors were there. They released the machine with out a web and had tons of issues with cold and hot offset. There was absolutely nothing for cleaning. The new toner seemed to fix most of the problems but you still get the occasional machine that shits the bed. Sharp did introduce a orange cleaning foam roller but it's got no lube in it and it just turns with the fuser. I don't think it does much.

Pics below are of a fuser with 80k on it. I made my full bleed "cleaning" sheet and it wrapped around the lower roller but i did get it mostly clean after! The heat belt is mint, just the LH is caked.
    IMG_20211116_121110_6623864134431831986.jpgIMG_20211116_120012_4639761406923604017.jpg

Customer is using this paper made in Austria, i think it is causing these issues as most of my other machines get pretty close to their yields.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hi

is it not the MX-230CR ??
    Itīs available

Best regards

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hehe
    These metal rollers for 2600 and 3100 were very noisy after a time. We remove them too. I even have still these metal rollers somewhere in a shelf

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

I doubt if they are available any more but the AR-650 had a true oil roller. This was actually a rebranded Toshiba but I always liked this roller

Good luck

Bil

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

MX5071, 17K prints...high quality paper...no idea why these fusers do this...

Has anyone tested with higher or lower fuser temps?
    Or any other solutions?

1345.jpg