Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Sharp MX C301 issues help

Hello everybody,

a few days ago I bought a used Sharp MX C301. Meter by this machine is only 15k. The machnie is 5 years old. The first two days Sharp was running without any issues. But today I got some troubles with the machine. If I am print from my PC there is some light black marks on the printout. There is this marks on every print. Much worse is it with color copys. In addition to marks, there is some strips on the copys and the print itself is not sharp and looks like wasched out. If I make a black white copy, than I have only marks like on printouts from pc, but no strips and the print is sharp enough. I attached 2 pictures. First is a copy and second is a printout from pc. Can somebody help to resolve this issue? IMG_E6703.JPG?IMG_E6701.JPG

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Re: Sharp MX C301 issues help

Quote Originally Posted by blackadd View Post
    Hello everybody,

a few days ago I bought a used Sharp MX C301. Meter by this machine is only 15k. The machnie is 5 years old.
    First of all, a 22-6 printout would give you better answers. I would like to see if the lines print past the void margins on the edge of the document, at least it would be easy to determine copy issues vs. print. A full scan would of been preferred.

Back to the image, I think it's one of two things (assuming this is a print issue). 1) You have a bad drum, looks like Cyan. Or 2), you have a bad primary.

Even though it is a low page count machine, the life of the drum units is determined by 1 of three things, 1) Number of pages printed, 2) Number of Rotations, and 3) Time exposed to air.
    Blades can oxidize and clean poorly after about 2 years. Also, if the MFP has not been used in a long time, the toner could have cached, and damaged the blade and drums.

So, my 2 cents. Bad drum, or Primary.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    First of all, a 22-6 printout would give you better answers. I would like to see if the lines print past the void margins on the edge of the document, at least it would be easy to determine copy issues vs. print. A full scan would of been preferred.

Back to the image, I think it's one of two things (assuming this is a print issue). 1) You have a bad drum, looks like Cyan. Or 2), you have a bad primary.

Even though it is a low page count machine, the life of the drum units is determined by 1 of three things, 1) Number of pages printed, 2) Number of Rotations, and 3) Time exposed to air.
    Blades can oxidize and clean poorly after about 2 years. Also, if the MFP has not been used in a long time, the toner could have cached, and damaged the blade and drums.

So, my 2 cents. Bad drum, or Primary.

Thank you for your answer. I executed sim 22-6 and put the picture of printout here. Now I have problems with printouts as well. Is it possible, that I have a problem with a fuser and not with a drum or primary? Today I saw some strange things on it. I took some pictures to show the problem. It seems like the plastic about the fuser roll was melted a little bit, and there is some parts of it on fuser roll.

IMG_E6708.JPGIMG_E6709.JPGIMG_E6715.JPGIMG_E6716.JPG

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The repeating marks look to me like bits of contamination on the rollers inside the transfer belt unit. Take the belt off and clean them off well. How they manage to get in there, I still don't know. The second set of examples don't show the line running all the way down the page. I don't know if you got that cleared up, but it looks like scratches in the belt or one of the drums. The pictures of the fuser looks like it's just buildup that could be cleaned out. It wouldn't hurt to check if there's any lines in the heat roller that match up to the page. The marks with the alternating colors is a new one to me, but could also be due to the t.b.u. rollers.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Thank you for your answer. I executed sim 22-6 and put the picture of printout here. Now I have problems with printouts as well. Is it possible, that I have a problem with a fuser and not with a drum or primary? Today I saw some strange things on it. I took some pictures to show the problem. It seems like the plastic about the fuser roll was melted a little bit, and there is some parts of it on fuser roll.

IMG_E6708.JPGIMG_E6709.JPGIMG_E6715.JPGIMG_E6716.JPG
    Check you IT belt cleaner unit as those various colors appear to be the residual of the calibration patches left on the belt.
    Fuser looks good, normal for the ends (paper does not touch the ends) to be pristine and the dust under the kicker bar is completely normal but needs to be cleaned out.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Technician

How do I manage to diconect the connector from drum unit? connector.JPG

I canīt grap the conector properly because it so small und not handy at all. Iīm also affraid to pull on the small cabels, because it might get rip off. Have somebody a tip for me?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Check you IT belt cleaner unit as those various colors appear to be the residual of the calibration patches left on the belt.
    Fuser looks good, normal for the ends (paper does not touch the ends) to be pristine and the dust under the kicker bar is completely normal but needs to be cleaned out.

Where is IT belt cleaner sitting?

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

How do I manage to diconect the connector from drum unit? connector.JPG

I canīt grap the conector properly because it so small und not handy at all. Iīm also affraid to pull on the small cabels, because it might get rip off. Have somebody a tip for me?
    I never leave home without them....
    NKHS55__50353.1620853084.jpg

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Sharp MX C301 issues help

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    I never leave home without them....
    NKHS55__50353.1620853084.jpg

damn, I just use a spring hook or push comes to shove a paperclip fashioned into a hook.

Field Service Engineer 50+ Posts harps05's Avatar

Can't see if this was addressed, so, let's first make sure that the tabs on the fuser are not in the envelope position. As these fusers do not have automatic pressure release, usually they will be put in envelope mode to eliminate flat spots when not in use.

If they are in the envelope setting, push them up into the paper setting, on each side. Run a few pages (at least 6) and see if the quality improves. If so, run more until the quality is acceptable.