Sharp MX1204 OPC clean up trouble (a good challenge)

Here is a challenge for you experienced techs out there!
    I have a mx1204 which just about reached 2,000,000 total count. I just did a full maintenance. New OPC drum, cleaning blade kit, charger kit (corona), Dev change and filters (seals looked good), new fuser roller and kit, new web cleaning unit. But somehow there is still a streak of toner on the operator side of the drum. I have tried changing out the drum clean blade... and when you turn the drum by hand (with the OPC unit out of the machine) the blade cleans the drum up just fine. I have asked the advice of three different sharp techs working on another machine, and they all seemed stumped. Has anyone had this issue before?

I looked to see about changing out the whole OPC unit but it looks like there is no such part available.
    Please let me know if you have any advice

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Prints Charming's Avatar

Re: Sharp MX1204 OPC clean up trouble (a good challenge)

If you can get one, fit the drum cleaning blade from the previous series. It has a more severe angled blade position and cleans far better.
    This is a problem I've seen many times before. The previous models did not have this problem at all. Apply a lot of powder to the drum and the blade will run full PM. Never had one fail or flip over either.
    The better drum blade is in the MX850KA kit.
    The whole Process Unit is definitely available - DUNT-8911DSZZ - but you won't need it with the other blade.

Technician

Re: Sharp MX1204 OPC clean up trouble (a good challenge)

Quote Originally Posted by Prints Charming View Post
    If you can get one, fit the drum cleaning blade from the previous series. It has a more severe angled blade position and cleans far better.
    This is a problem I've seen many times before. The previous models did not have this problem at all. Apply a lot of powder to the drum and the blade will run full PM. Never had one fail or flip over either.
    The better drum blade is in the MX850KA kit.
    The whole Process Unit is definitely available - DUNT-8911DSZZ - but you won't need it with the other blade.
    I agree. The MX-850BL works better.