Senior Tech 100+ Posts

mx6240 black mark

ok ive been doing this a long time but im stumped
    there is a little black mark on the copy that looks like a staple 2 little marks next to each other in the print direction I replaced the drum no help although the drum was badly worn
    cleaned the optics cleaned the slit glass under the drum pulled the transfer belt the mark was on the belt but wiped right off the belt is in very good condition I pulled the developer unit rotated it thinking some crud was on the mag roller but nothing it looks fine this is a phantom mark I can not find a cause for I really thought it would be in the dv unit Im stumped any help would be appreciated thanks

copierman 250+ Posts
    mx6240 black mark

Re: mx6240 black mark

Quote Originally Posted by bruce 49dcs View Post
    there is a little black mark on the copy that looks like a staple 2 little marks next to each other in the print direction I replaced the drum no help although the drum was badly worn
    cleaned the optics cleaned the slit glass under the drum pulled the transfer belt the mark was on the belt but wiped right off the belt is in very good condition I pulled the developer unit rotated it thinking some crud was on the mag roller but nothing it looks fine this is a phantom mark I can not find a cause for I really thought it would be in the dv unit Im stumped any help would be appreciated thanks
    That will be the primary transfer belt, you will either have a mark that repeats very often (a roller within the transfer belt) or one that appears every 4 sheets or so (this will be on the under side of the transfer belt) A piece of debris stuck on the inside of the belt or on the rollers under the belt is where i would start to check, it looks like staples or moustaches when you have this issue, let me know your findings.
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Ah yes, the wonderful "ghost staple". Remove the IT belt and clean all the rollers of the IT belt unit.
    Pretty common on all Sharp IT belt units

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Yes, transfer belt.

have had this last week,

There is dust/dirt under the belt or on the roller

greetings from germany

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bruce 49dcs View Post

great answers sounds right ill let evryone know how it came out thanks to all

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Prints Charming's Avatar

Yes, everyone is absolutely correct.
    There is a small lump of contamination (ball of rolled up paper dust, toner or section of rubber roller) stuck to the driver roller within the belt. As this passes the cleaning blade, the belt is lifted a small amount directly above the contamination and there is 2 small smudge marks either side, looking like a staple mark, due to poor cleaning at that point.
    Remove the Primary Belt Unit Cleaning Unit and rotate the belt by hand. You'll see the contamination under the belt lift the belt surface on the driver roller. Dismantle the belt & thoroughly clean or rebuild it.