Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Sharp Mx-6071 Not showing waste toner full

I went out to a call for L4-18/19 , the drum units popped because the waste toner box was full and it couldn't get rid of the waste toner in the drums. We checked with micas and the machine never alerted that the waste toner was full, even though the flag was out. Has any one here experienced this?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

Re: Sharp Mx-6071 Not showing waste toner full

As for MICAS I would make sure that "Waste Toner Almost Full" is checked in the Alerts Message settings in the copier. That is the only thing I can think of as to why it didn't report.

Technician

Had the waste toner been emptied once before and the flag reset? I've have seen many times where the follower is not straddling the rib on the gear. This will not allow the flag to push all the way out. To explain better, the white u_shaped link should be riding the rib. it should not on either side.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ctuinstra View Post
    Had the waste toner been emptied once before and the flag reset? I've have seen many times where the follower is not straddling the rib on the gear. This will not allow the flag to push all the way out. To explain better, the white u_shaped link should be riding the rib. it should not on either side.

Yes the flag was tripped, oddly enough It happened again yesterday on a MX-4070, I went to deliver a WTB and the warning light was red but showed no message about WTB being full. New WTB bottle not a cleaned one. Call the office to check if th machine was reporting WTB on micas and nothing. SO again just a red light but no indication WTB was full,flag was popped on the WTB.

The next time you come across one in that condition enter SIM 30-1 and ceck the state of TNFD, Waste toner full detection sensor.

Once you replace the waste container check it again.

I wonder if there is some kind of setting in soft switches that disable the message to change the waste toner container? I would highly doubt you have two of them that have somehow got switch though.

Check this soft switch:

SIM 55-3
    Soft Switch 32 Bit 4
    Waste Toner Near End Alert MIB

When you do a 22-6 I think any soft switch that isn't at default will highlight black.

Technician

The waste toner container has a little window box and a sensor (TNFD2) to conveniently confirm that the waste toner is in fact full when the pressure mechanism trips sensor TNFD. If TNFD2 never registers toner in the window box then TNFD changing state does not alert the machine that waste is full resulting in various drum lock codes. As a matter of fact I ran into this exact situation about a week and a half ago. In my situation some form of blockage or toner clumping prevented the toner from entering the window box. Unfortunately I had no other option but to dump the box to get the customer back up and running and can't confirm what caused the blockage.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    Check this soft switch:

SIM 55-3
    Soft Switch 32 Bit 4

When you do a 22-6 I think any soft switch that isn't at default will highlight black.

I wished I read this before, I just came back from replacing the drum units. The same thing happened few days back to a co-worker but he got there in time before the drum units popped. The next time im out I'm gonna start checking that sim.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    Check this soft switch:

SIM 55-3
    Soft Switch 32 Bit 4

Waste Toner Near End hasnt been working for years in Print Audit IDM since phoenix/griffin

It only reports FULL

Hope this fixes it

Quote Originally Posted by boutn View Post
    Waste Toner Near End hasnt been working for years in Print Audit IDM since phoenix/griffin

It only reports FULL

Hope this fixes it
    I receive "Replacement the toner collection container required soon" alerts through email eventually followed by "Replace waste toner box"

Anything from the MX-C300P and MX-3100N to the MX-6071.

MICAS will also show "Waste Toner Box Nearly Full"

They also come as alerts through Print Tracker. If I remember correctly I was told by PT support that any alert that can be displayed on the operation panel can be grabbed and sent as an alert with PT. We struggled for a while trying to get PT to grab the waste toner alerts on the Sharps and email them but they got it working.