Thread: Sharp MX C402sc

Question Sharp MX C402sc

I purchased the manual for this machine trying to replace fuser drive gear that is is on the swing plate doses it come out from the back side or does the whole fuser/delivery section come out to replace it work mainly on Toshiba and Kyocera some Sharp took this on because times are tuff replaced fuser about 11months ago the gear is brittle and broken teeth any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Sharp MX C402sc

Re: Sharp MX C402sc

The gear comes out from the gear side /metal swing plate side of the machine. A few C-clips/E-clips and the spring and some plastic bushings. Not the assembly side/ rear of the machine. I would remove the main door to give you space to work it makes it easier. Pro tip one of gears has a pin that is super easy to lose. Stick a magnet on it. My 2 cents is that this box is an absolute dumpster fire because of the fuser unit, but I get it times are tuff. Good luck

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Re: Sharp MX C402sc

Quote Originally Posted by havokprod View Post
    The gear comes out from the gear side /metal swing plate side of the machine. A few C-clips/E-clips and the spring and some plastic bushings. Not the assembly side/ rear of the machine. I would remove the main door to give you space to work it makes it easier. Pro tip one of gears has a pin that is super easy to lose. Stick a magnet on it. My 2 cents is that this box is an absolute dumpster fire because of the fuser unit, but I get it times are tuff. Good luck
    I agree with Havok, especially with that pin. You will get a better view if you remove the upper delivery unit above the fuser, it's only two screws.
    Capture.jpg

Thumbs up Re: Sharp MX C402sc

Thanks guys for your help everything went well also appreciated your tips