Sharp MX-3501N L4-31

I'm experiencing an L4-31 (Exit Tray Cooling Fan) error.

My first plan was to replace the fan; however, I've been unable to locate the fans or a good copy of the manual. I'd appreciate any advice or help on this one, I'm less than a year into printers so I'm still pretty lost just going from Brothers to Sharps.

Thank you!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Sharp MX-3501N L4-31

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainstTheWindowPrint View Post
    I'm experiencing an L4-31 (Exit Tray Cooling Fan) error.

My first plan was to replace the fan; however, I've been unable to locate the fans or a good copy of the manual. I'd appreciate any advice or help on this one, I'm less than a year into printers so I'm still pretty lost just going from Brothers to Sharps.

Thank you!
    The part number for the fans is NFANP0077FCZ1. I don't know if they are available anymore, as a lot of the parts for those machines are getting harder and harder to get. You can also try to get the entire delivery unit that houses the fans, but that may not be available anymore either. That part number is DUNT-7519DS14. I have recently tried ordering rebuild kits for the Primary transfer and the drum units, and I can't get them anymore. Not from Sharp anyway.
    It isn't a fun disassembly to get to the fans either. I can't find clear instructions on how to do it, but I do know that you have to remove some covers on the right side to be able to get to some of the screws and connectors, and have enough room to get it out. I also always take off the right side door when I have to do it, so it isn't in the way.

Good luck

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Prints Charming's Avatar

Re: Sharp MX-3501N L4-31

Keep in mind that L4-31 on the 35ppm and 45ppm models also can be the Toner Cooling Fan (PCSFM), not just one of the Delivery Fan's (POFM_F and POFM_R) failing.
    The Toner Cooling Fan is located on the metal plate directly below the Black Toner Cartridge, and above the Primary Transfer Unit.
    The Delivery Fans are obviously on the Delivery Unit.
    Testing Fan Load sim 6-2 will run all 3 fans together on the 35 and 45ppm models. Hold your hand against the exit vents at the top of the Main Side Door to feel air blowing from both fans, and visually inspect the PCSFM fan by removing the Primary Transfer Unit and waste toner box, tripping the front door sensor and run the load test. See if the fan is rotating in sim 6-2.
    In my experience, either one fan will not be rotating or the signal line from a single fan controller has become faulty. If this happens, all fans will be rotating, but the PCU board detects one fan as not rotating. In this case, its quicker to replace fans one at a time to find the bad one.