Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

Re: MX-3070N mSata Replacement & Firmware

Send me a personal message with your email address and I will send you a Dropbox link with the .imgc file.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts CoreyAbels's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    Send me a personal message with your email address and I will send you a Dropbox link with the .imgc file.
    Good afternoon,

My apologies, there is a glitch that prevents me from sending/receiving PMs. Can you email me at corey@gcsnow.com? Much appreciated!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hi guys.
    I got to go check a mx3050 giving a E7-A7 error. I'm gonna try the CN update, but just in case I would need an image of its msata. I cannot find where I backed up mine (old age?). So if I could get a link to the mx 3050 and mx 3070 msata images that would be great.
    Th.

Hey Folks...

Im now needing to maintain a Sharp Mx-3070n....

Started throwing U2-40 error...was able to take the old mSata and image it (7 hrs!) and burned the image to a new mSata (7 minutes)...all good, no u2-40 code

Now I get a U2-60 code.

I'd like to update the watermark software AND the latest firmware. Ive had no luck searching. There were some older FTPs, but long gone.

If anyone has any ideas/help, very much appreciated.

Thanks much
    Adam
    Last edited by Adam.; 05-15-2023 at 04:48 AM. Reason: typo

Quick update, maybe it helps someone...

(Recap: I was getting a U2-60, which pointed me to a need to update the mSATA watermark...

I had taken the imgc off the old drive, but it took 7 hrs to copy it...I couldnt help but think the old drive was very much 'struggling'

I copied it to a replacement msata... U2-60.)

Did a system update to the current .sfu

The system was then stuck in a boot loop, splash screen, then black...rinse and repeat.

Did a CN recovery from the USB with the .sfu file. Did not work. (returned switch to normal op)

Removed the new mSATA, then re-installed a NEW .imgc image... (thank you)... reinstalled

Booted fine.

Entered console, used sim49-1 to update firmware off of the USB

Success.

(no need for any watermark fixes. suspect the .sfu addressed all that.)

I am guessing the image from the old msta was corrupted?

Big thanks to many forum contributors- over the years and in many other threads. Very helpful.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copyballtorture View Post
    Hey there!

So we have a secondhand Sharp MX-3070N unit that's had issues with bootlooping and error codes E7-80 and E7-90. I've usually been able to clear these in the past, but it's gotten to the point where I'm pretty sure the mSata needs replacing (which I can physically do myself). Sharp support won't assist me at all because this particular model is "dealer only" and won't provide me with the firmware/software I need to put on the new mSata. I'm going to try and transfer the data from the old one to the new one but I won't be able to do so if the old one is corrupted (which I suspect it is). We don't have another similar unit so I don't have another copy of the data. My question is, should I just need a copy of the firmware on the board to install it? Is there anything I'd need to do to replace the part? And where can I get my hands on the files needed without shelling out hundreds for a "service call"?

For context on myself, I'm familiar with standard PC components, builds, and software, but a lot of the copier stuff is lost on me. I've referenced a user and troubleshooting manual and all signs point to replacing the mSata, but if it seems like I'm wrong about that please let me know! I'm pretty tech-savvy but this copier stuff is rather complicated (and it seems unnecessarily so). Any help is greatly appreciated!

Your part is: MFP program mSATA VHI0MFP23002C. You can find it online. Do not install just mSATA from a computer store.

Quote Originally Posted by chatkal View Post
    Do not install just mSATA from a computer store.
    I was able to use a standard msata drive. I think it was a 32G...$23 on amazon for a 'major label' device.

Just need to get an image file. (what makes the part you provided unique is that is pre-programmed with the image/firmware)

FWIW.