Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX touchscreen issue

MX touchscreen issue

I have a machine that the touchscreen is going out of calibration a few times a month. Has anyone ever had this issue? We always have to use SW3 on the MFP pwb to recalibrate the screen. Is this info stored on the MFP or PCU eeprom? I cant for the life of me figure this out. TYIA for your help
    Are you the police? "No ma'am, were musicians"

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX touchscreen issue

Re: MX touchscreen issue

Do you have access to another panel?

I would swap entire unit and see if the problem travels.

MX touchscreen issue

As for boards I would start with LVDS board, then SCN MFP board..... see below

LVDS PWB Converts the display data signal to the LCD display signal from SCN MFP PWB and controls the touch panel

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Depending on which MX series machine you are referring to, there is a dip switch on the MFP board that forces calibration of the operation panel.
    These are the same dip switches that were used for Admin password reset.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

MX touchscreen issue

He has already done the DIP switch calibration; I'm guessing it just doesn't hold calibration.

BTW.... I love the THEY SMELL FEAR icon. I often tell customers to establish an imaginary circle around the machine. As they cross this line, I instruct them to say three times fast "These copies aren't important, it not essential they be done" I tell them this disables the CRITICAL DETECTOR. If you cross the line looking over your shoulder, saying I'll have these copies to you in a second, all bets are off.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX touchscreen issue

[QUOTE=mansart;2189943]He has already done the DIP switch calibration; I'm guessing it just doesn't hold calibration.

EXACTLY

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

If you haven't already remove the touchscreen and clean all the way to the edges. I used to use a scrap of paper to clean under the edges but I think those panels come apart fairly easy. If any dirt or moisture gets under the plastic bezel it can throw off calibrations.
    In a few rare cases the plastic was actually touching the touch panel and throwing it off.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    If you haven't already remove the touchscreen and clean all the way to the edges. I used to use a scrap of paper to clean under the edges but I think those panels come apart fairly easy. If any dirt or moisture gets under the plastic bezel it can throw off calibrations.
    In a few rare cases the plastic was actually touching the touch panel and throwing it off.
    I have had a small dimple in the screen cause this also. Wound up replacing the touch screen to fix it.

Good luck

Bil

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX touchscreen issue

[QUOTE=mansart;2189938]As for boards I would start with LVDS board, then SCN MFP board..... see below

LVDS PWB Converts the display data signal to the LCD display signal from SCN MFP PWB and controls the touch panel[/QU

I just reconnected both ends of the FFC so now its a waiting game. I'm pretty confident it will take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    This is exactly right. I have seen this many times. If is still acts up after cleaning then you need to replace the digitizer, which is the glass part on top of the LCD screen.