Adding developer to Sharp mx2300 n copier

How do I add developer to my mx2300 n copier? Do I need to vacuum out the developer container or just pour the new developer into the container on top of what is there? How much of the new package do I put into the developer container?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Adding developer to Sharp mx2300 n copier

I did not know those models were still around. Do you have the service manual? You have to empty out all the developer before replacing it, also leave a door open before you go into developer install mode sim 25-02.

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    I did not know those models were still around. Do you have the service manual? You have to empty out all the developer before replacing it, also leave a door open before you go into developer install mode sim 25-02.
    Thanks for your reply. I do not have a service manual. I got this machine from a fellow that shut down his business about 6 years ago. The machine is in very good shape but did not even feed paper through it. I managed to get it to copy and the results were passable. After a lot of internet searching and reading a couple hundred pages on this site, I disassembled the machine and cleaned it. There was quite a bit of greasy stuff on the outside of the developer container and the toner drum container. I cleaned everything and air hosed the dust out of it. When I switch it on, I get a message that it is auto adjusting the color and then it says ready to copy. I read that if there is insufficient color developer that it would only copy black. And if there was no black developer, it wouldn't copy at all. I have received my black developer and should be getting the color developer by the end of the month.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Technocripple View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I do not have a service manual. I got this machine from a fellow that shut down his business about 6 years ago. The machine is in very good shape but did not even feed paper through it. I managed to get it to copy and the results were passable. After a lot of internet searching and reading a couple hundred pages on this site, I disassembled the machine and cleaned it. There was quite a bit of greasy stuff on the outside of the developer container and the toner drum container. I cleaned everything and air hosed the dust out of it. When I switch it on, I get a message that it is auto adjusting the color and then it says ready to copy. I read that if there is insufficient color developer that it would only copy black. And if there was no black developer, it wouldn't copy at all. I have received my black developer and should be getting the color developer by the end of the month.
    Auto adjusting color was a known "pain in the ass" of this series, it is normal and has nothing to due with any consumables, it's just its nature. Also, there is no way to bypass that message. Sharp improved upon that issue with the next series.