Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

MX 2614 Poor colour quality

Sample.pdf

Hi guys not worked on Sharps for a long time so seeking some advice. A client of ours has one of these machines from a previous supplier which they didn't want back. They have asked if we can attend and look at a colour quality issue (sample attached). I have no knowledge on the history of this machine all I know is the machine blew a DC board which they have replaced themselves. Obviously I can look at voltages etc just wondered if there was anything more specific I should be looking at?

Cheers

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: MX 2614 Poor colour quality

I would first pull the error logs to try and figure out what the previous issues were. Unless they wiped the logs, what occurred before you got it is still in the machine.
    Could be an HV issue or could be something as simple as poor fuser. Have you done a full calibration? I have seen similar issues resolved by running the laser power adjustment in SIM mode
    i assume copies and prints look like this as well?

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hi
    I would bet on the 2nd transfer belt. Make a color copy, stop the process and see if everything is fine on the 1st transfer belt. If so, then the 2nd transfer belt is defective or the coupling for swiveling

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Yep was something to do with the 2nd transfer. Customer doesnt want to spend on it so we are dropping a refurbed Konica in to replace happy days