Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

SHARP DX-2000U - F2-40 Error, EE-EL error

Hello Colleagues,

I have a brand-new SHARP DX-2000U copier that has never printer anything since we bought it. it all started when it arrived and I had to set up the machine; ADF connectors were plugged and installed, the base was plugged and installed, and toner cartridges were installed too. upon powering the machine, I got an F2-40 error message. I quickly turned off the machine and I remember not pouring the developer(MX-36FV-SA for m,c,y and MX-36FV-BA for black) into the developing unit. had to install the developers accordingly then powered the machine again. the error won't go away. Made a little research online and then came across a few threads where they talked about running SIM 25-02 to calibrate the developers. I ran SIM 25-02 but forgot to remove the toner cartridges. now am getting an EE-EL on k,c,m, and 0 for y after calibration.

This machine is driving me crazy and I will appreciate it if someone can assist me to figure out what exactly is the problem and how to fix it.

Thank

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: SHARP DX-2000U - F2-40 Error, EE-EL error

I think that your problem is that the toners where installed before running Crop 25-02 now you have to much toner in the Developer 25-02 sets the reference level try running 25-01 a few times without the toner installed then try running 25-02 still with the toners removed EE-EL can also mean to little toner or the developer and toner have separated in transport running 25-01 will mix the toner and developer again then running 25-02 will set the refence level again at worst case you may have to dump the dev in the affected colors replace it start again but sometimes you can be lucky.

Hope you get sorted.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

You might get lucky but the easiest and expensive way is to replace the developer in all of your DV units and start over. Then run perform your calibration per the SM.

Good luck

Bil

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Craigcul View Post
    I think that your problem is that the toners where installed before running Crop 25-02 now you have to much toner in the Developer 25-02 sets the reference level try running 25-01 a few times without the toner installed then try running 25-02 still with the toners removed EE-EL can also mean to little toner or the developer and toner have separated in transport running 25-01 will mix the toner and developer again then running 25-02 will set the refence level again at worst case you may have to dump the dev in the affected colors replace it start again but sometimes you can be lucky.

Hope you get sorted.
    Thank you for your input on this. however, I ran sim 25-01 multiple times without the toners installed then proceeded to sim 25-02. EE-EL won't go away. how much is the developer for this machine ?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by bilyahn View Post
    You might get lucky but the easiest and expensive way is to replace the developer in all of your DV units and start over. Then run perform your calibration per the SM.

Good luck

Bil
    Thank you Bil.. please how much is the developer for this machine

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Do you have cq issues? If not, just use the copier as is cross your fingers and hopefully all will be fine. With the EE-EL, you could try running sky shots without the toner installed, but I think it may overtone again, possibly. If all else fails you will have to replace developer.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

I can't seem to find a cross reference to a US model so I'm afraid that I don't have an answer for you on the cost for a set of developers.

Sorry

Bil

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Do you have cq issues? If not, just use the copier as is cross your fingers and hopefully all will be fine. With the EE-EL, you could try running sky shots without the toner installed, but I think it may overtone again, possibly. If all else fails you will have to replace developer.
    Hello there,

Please what do you mean by sky shots and how do I access them? I have done sim 25-01 multiple times but did not fix the EE-EL error. am looking at going for new developers

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Victorosani View Post
    Hello there,

Please what do you mean by sky shots and how do I access them? I have done sim 25-01 multiple times but did not fix the EE-EL error. am looking at going for new developers
    25-01 will not fix the error because you are just turning the toner motors. A sky shot is when you make copies with the platen cover open. Take a piece of paper place it about an inch from the lead edge, place it on the glass and run about 50+sky shots with the toner removed, if possible. Do not attempt another 25-02. The purpose of the sky shot is to use up the toner in the developing unit, but it may not be possible.
    But, like I said, if your CQ is good, just go with it, and hopefully all will be good until the next pm on the developer. If not you will have to replace the developer.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi 25-01 it used to mix the toner and dev then after that you run 25-02 to set the reference value.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk