Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Mode key defaults on top of panel

It seems like if you have a fax and scan to email that the mode key defaults to fax. If you press the fax button twice a list will come up and you can select email. Cust wants the mode key to always default to email. I dont see that that can happen. Seeing if anyone has any ideas. Thanks.

Re: Mode key defaults on top of panel

go to your system settings, image send settings, common settings, set your default display settings to the mode you want.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Is this the MX-4071 series? I've had this happen. Did as Spanky suggested, worked while I was there then I would get a call back the next day!! I forget how I resolved this but I'm going there today so I will let you know in the morning.

Good luck.

Bil

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Prints Charming's Avatar

Do you mean that you're pressing the Scan to Email icon on the panel, but the Image Send mode goes straight into Fax mode instead?

That's a low voltage detection on the phone line, which can be corrected with Fax Soft Switch 66-01, Switch 114, Bit 8 from 1 to 0.
    This will disable to low voltage detection (or noisy line) which causes the MFD to enter Fax Mode very time.

You can prove this scenario as well by powering off, removing the phone line, power up and press Scan to Email. It will go into email mode like it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Prints Charming View Post
    Do you mean that you're pressing the Scan to Email icon on the panel, but the Image Send mode goes straight into Fax mode instead?

That's a low voltage detection on the phone line, which can be corrected with Fax Soft Switch 66-01, Switch 114, Bit 8 from 1 to 0.
    This will disable to low voltage detection (or noisy line) which causes the MFD to enter Fax Mode very time.

You can prove this scenario as well by powering off, removing the phone line, power up and press Scan to Email. It will go into email mode like it should.
    What I am refering to is the top left of the screen there are what you could call preset buttons they call mode keys. In system settings you can change the button functions. The problem is that the fax and email fall under image send and the button on the screen defaults to fax. The cust wants it to default to email.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    go to your system settings, image send settings, common settings, set your default display settings to the mode you want.
    Thanks. I will take a look and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Just tried this on a shop machine and it works like what I am looking to do. Thanks