ron67601

Waste toner boxes

Just a quick question about the waste toner boxes on MX-3050, 3070, and 5050. I've been having lots of these fill up without shutting the machine down. The tab is in the up position and what happens is the toner backs up in the drum unit and locks it up. I have checked the bulletins and can't find anything on this. Has anyone heard of this and can tell me what the fix is? Thanks Ron

Senior Tech 50+ Posts
    Waste toner boxes

Re: Waste toner boxes

I have 2 or 3 units that do what you describe.
    One is at a CBD manufacturing place and they use mostly Yellow, so the yellow gets backed up when the "Prepare waste toner" message has been on for awhile.
    Locks up and breaks the process unit.

Although not a fix, I have asked them to change the waste container as soon as it says "Prepare waste container".
    Seems to help in the meantime.

Technician
    Waste toner boxes

Quote Originally Posted by ron67601 View Post
    Just a quick question about the waste toner boxes on MX-3050, 3070, and 5050. I've been having lots of these fill up without shutting the machine down. The tab is in the up position and what happens is the toner backs up in the drum unit and locks it up. I have checked the bulletins and can't find anything on this. Has anyone heard of this and can tell me what the fix is? Thanks Ron
    We had three 4050s that was doing the same thing. Turned out to be too much tension on the coupler on the waste toner motor and it was not sepatating to activate the waste toner sensor. Replaced the waste toner on them and problem was solved.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The waste toner container is not inserted all the way and the auger can't get into the waste toner container. Therefor the auger backs up and from friction the toner hardens and takes out the process unit.