MX-M3050 Simulations after drum replacement

Hi everyone,
    It's been a while since I've worked on a Sharp so I need advice. I will be replacing the drum, blade and main charge only on a mxm3050. Other than clearing the counters for these items, what other sims should be performed? sim 46-74?

Your input is appreciated. Thanks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Re: MX-M3050 Simulations after drum replacement

Good morning

Clear the maintenance counters
    Clear 44-27
    Then perform 50-22, 44-2 and 46-74

Those are the steps I normally do after drum maintenance

Good luck

Bil

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

If the machine has enough copies to justify replacing drums and charge kits I would do developer also. Just an opinion.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ntbann View Post
    If the machine has enough copies to justify replacing drums and charge kits I would do developer also. Just an opinion.
    I believe the developer counter is double the drum and cleaning kit counts on these models, and the drum is double the charge unit count. For whatever reason Sharp decided.

On B/W models, clear the counters for the items you replace, then run 44-2, 44-6, 44-26, 46-74

It's a new T&M customer for us. The machine has 370k on it. I will let customer know about the developer as well.

Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate the help.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
    It's a new T&M customer for us. The machine has 370k on it. I will let customer know about the developer as well.

Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate the help.
    Go into service mode and print out the 22-6. The Transfer Roller, Fuser, Drum, Cleaner Kit, Charge Unit, and Filter Kit should have been replaced at 250K on that model. If they weren't, replacing at least the Transfer Roller, along with the other parts you're planning on replacing, should be fine. The ozone filter can stay in longer if it isn't really dirty, and the Fuser can go a bit longer if it looks good and isn't causing any quality problems. However, an additional 120K and counting over the life expectancy of the parts means more chances of problems coming up out of nowhere after the customer has already paid for a service call and some parts. They may prefer to have it all done the first time, rather than paying for a second service call a couple of weeks later, or expecting the next service call to be free because they feel you didn't fix it right the first time. I have never liked T&M calls, because we can't spend the customer's money for them, but if we try to save them some money up front, it usually comes back to bite us