Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Best machine to use

Best machine to use

Hi guys,

we are wanting to put a small sharp desktop photocopier into a customers that uses the latest version of Mac's, they will require SMB folder setting up so just wondering what machine is best to use,

i know Macs can be funny with scanning to machines, personally i hate MACS!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Best machine to use

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Hi guys,

we are wanting to put a small sharp desktop photocopier into a customers that uses the latest version of Mac's, they will require SMB folder setting up so just wondering what machine is best to use,

i know Macs can be funny with scanning to machines, personally i hate MACS!
    I have never had any luck setting up MACs to scan to anything but email. In my experience, MACs are not good in an office environment. Also, I am unaware of any current desktop Sharp machines. They have the rebranded Lexmark boxes now, but I don't like those at all. I really wish we didn't sell them. Especially when we have access to the same machines under the Lexmark brand. Makes no sense to me

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Best machine to use

Would you recommend any desktop machine that is able to scan to MAC via SMB?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Prints Charming's Avatar

What's wrong with the Sharp MXC303W or MXC304W?
    It's a Sharp build (not Lexmark) and is literally a CR4 in a Desktop MFD.
    Sure, they're pricey, but they're fully licensed with everything onboard. Full Cloud Connectors, OCR scanning, MS Office Direct Print, PS & Wifi all native. SMB scanning requirements are the least of your worries.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Best machine to use

Sharp's work good with Mac's, however I am still waiting on them to release the latest Mac 13 (Ventura) driver, as I have not found any work arounds. Scanning to Mac's via smb is quite simple once you do a few. Agreed with Prints, Sharp MX-C303W -304W series are a good place to start and have been reliable for us.

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Sharp's work good with Mac's, however I am still waiting on them to release the latest Mac 13 (Ventura) driver, as I have not found any work arounds. Scanning to Mac's via smb is quite simple once you do a few. Agreed with Prints, Sharp MX-C303W -304W series are a good place to start and have been reliable for us.
    Mac OS13 Drivers have been on the Global Driver Site for several weeks now. They work well.

Best machine to use

Quote Originally Posted by Prints Charming View Post
    Mac OS13 Drivers have been on the Global Driver Site for several weeks now. They work well.
    Hot damn they are!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prints Charming View Post
    What's wrong with the Sharp MXC303W or MXC304W?
    It's a Sharp build (not Lexmark) and is literally a CR4 in a Desktop MFD.
    Sure, they're pricey, but they're fully licensed with everything onboard. Full Cloud Connectors, OCR scanning, MS Office Direct Print, PS & Wifi all native. SMB scanning requirements are the least of your worries.
    I have chosen to forget about those machines, as every one we have placed has been trash. Sharp just doesn't make good table top machines. Or we just continue to get the problem ones. Copy quality, jamming, consumables failing early, just nothing but problems with every one we have put out in the field. Not worth the price, from what I have seen. And not a single customer that is actually happy with them after about 6 months to a year into their lease

Best machine to use

Quote Originally Posted by WackyJack View Post
    I have chosen to forget about those machines, as every one we have placed has been trash. Sharp just doesn't make good table top machines. Or we just continue to get the problem ones. Copy quality, jamming, consumables failing early, just nothing but problems with every one we have put out in the field. Not worth the price, from what I have seen. And not a single customer that is actually happy with them after about 6 months to a year into their lease
    That's interesting, we have not had those issues with this series or the 301w's, but these are table tops and are mostly in accounts that run under 3k per month as all tabletops should be. Anything over 3k they go into floor standing A3. Kyocera makes good tabletops but tend to be expensive to replace pm parts that also really never make it to pm.

Quote Originally Posted by WackyJack View Post

That's strange. The 300P, 300W, 301W, 303W & 304W are amazing devices which have proven themselves to be very capable of 500K+ in many environments.
    Can't recall a single device not being liked or having a problem. Certainly popular with my customers.
    Sorry to hear you haven't had a positive experience with them, because they're normally fantastic.