Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX3070N fusing issue

MX3070N fusing issue

This machine the fuser scraper bar gets toner buildup on it within not many copies. The print on the page tracks like the fuser is not fusing properly. The roller pressure system is working. I put in a rebuilt fuser with new rollers and without even making a copy the fuser cleaning sheet comes out smeary and will not come clean. I took that fuser back to the shop and tested it and the cleaning sheet comes out clean. It does not appear to be a fuser problem. On the tech tip to turn off machine, remove fuser, close covers and install fuser message comes on. then it says power off and install fuser and power on. I did that but I am wondering because at the shop I noticed when the install fuser message comes on you can press OK. The tech tip does not say to press ok. I am wondering if you do have to press ok to reset the thermistors? Or if anyone has run into a problem like this? I have some samples. Also I made sure all fuser temp settings are at default and match our shop machine.
    Attached Files Attached Files

MX3070N fusing issue

Re: MX3070N fusing issue

I dont know what else to try. It is not the fuser itself. I am going to go back there tomorrow and I am going to replace the PCU board. First I am going to try the thermistor reset and when it says check fusing unit I am going to click ok then shut it off ect. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    This machine the fuser scraper bar gets toner buildup on it within not many copies. The print on the page tracks like the fuser is not fusing properly. The roller pressure system is working. I put in a rebuilt fuser with new rollers and without even making a copy the fuser cleaning sheet comes out smeary and will not come clean. I took that fuser back to the shop and tested it and the cleaning sheet comes out clean. It does not appear to be a fuser problem. On the tech tip to turn off machine, remove fuser, close covers and install fuser message comes on. then it says power off and install fuser and power on. I did that but I am wondering because at the shop I noticed when the install fuser message comes on you can press OK. The tech tip does not say to press ok. I am wondering if you do have to press ok to reset the thermistors? Or if anyone has run into a problem like this? I have some samples. Also I made sure all fuser temp settings are at default and match our shop machine.
    If the fuser works in another machine, I believe you're right that the fuser isn't the problem. I would look at process or transfer, possibly developer. Be sure to check the secondary transfer roller assembly. I've seen those get caked with toner

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hi

How old is the drum cleaning blade BK ??
    If it is yellow or even brown then this error occurs.
    The MK kits only last about 70-80% of their mileage.
    You will also see it on the charging corona, toner dust collects in the middle.
    Toner will also get stuck in the middle of the drum cleaning blade

MX3070N fusing issue

I am going to inspect everything but I dont think it is from the process units. All maint items are low copy count. I think it is a fusing problem but not caused by the fuser itself. The fuser scraper bar gets build up quickly. I dont know how that fuser cleaning sheet works to clean the fuser but other machines that have the same looking smear type marks on the cleaning sheet, after running 5 or 10 clean sheets through they come out clean. This one looks like the samples with a rebuilt fuser. I will for sure check the process units to be sure if problem there or not. Thanks for the replies.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MX3070N fusing issue

Have you tried putting the fuser into the heavier mode (off the top of my head 16-24 lbs) for fuser settings? We put all our Sharps into this mode.

copierman 250+ Posts
    MX3070N fusing issue

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Have you tried putting the fuser into the heavier mode (off the top of my head 16-24 lbs) for fuser settings? We put all our Sharps into this mode.
    Have you checked sim 43 settings to see if they are at default? just incase something has been changed that may cause the issue.
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential

MX3070N fusing issue

This is why I like this place. I was stuck on it being a fuser issue and I didnt look at other paths. Even though the maint kits have low volume on them it did end up being the black charge kit. The grid was very discolored and the drum blade had a toner buildup in the middle that looks like it lines up with the black streaks on the fuser clean sheet. From the outside the drum unit looked fine. No lines or anything on the drum,looked clean,plus I thought it was a fuser issue. Like seeing the other ideas and suggestions,they led me to the right path.