Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Technician

Re: MX 3114N Blinking Green light won't turn on

OK. I bought a new card and it still just blinks green. If I try the hard drive next, is it a case of buying that from sharp or can i use any hard drive and install the firmware on that. Any tips at this point or do I just look to swap the power board out. I do have green lights on the board where the sd card is. There looks to be power. Any help would be appreciated

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MX 3114N Blinking Green light won't turn on

Any HDD will work, we use WD black as a replacement. You will need the watermark and the e manual firmware and will need to install it once the HDD is installed. I dislike those Toshiba HDD's (high failure rates), I wish they would use a different vendor. For your issues the first two things I recommend is SD card and HDD before swapping boards.

Technician

Thanks. I have got the hard drive out and will see if it seems OK first. Am i in the same boat with the watermark and firmware that I had with the sd card I.e. can I only get this from sharp ?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MX 3114N Blinking Green light won't turn on

Quote Originally Posted by gtiporter40 View Post
    Thanks. I have got the hard drive out and will see if it seems OK first. Am i in the same boat with the watermark and firmware that I had with the sd card I.e. can I only get this from sharp ?
    Yes, or someone in Europe that is willing to share. I doubt it's the same as US.

Technician

I've attached the drive to the computer and I can see it. I've tried to enclose a picture of one of the drives which has in it the folders

"manual"
    "WM"
    system.dat.

I assume WM is the watermark.

The other folder has
    "fssh" and
    system.dat in it

I can even see my scan folders in there

It's not dead therefore and although it may still be corrupt I guess, does it look like I may be better now looking at the power board do you think?

20230610_135158.jpg

20230610_135217.jpg

Technician

I switch on and I get the green blinking light on the front of the machine but I do get some lights on the board near the sd card as you can see from the video. The screen is dead though and it doesn't switch on. Based on all advice shall I move to the power board?

There aren't any fuses I can check on the board anywhere. I guess that would be too simple. It's a lovely paperweight at the moment!

Technician

OK. The fans don't come on when I switch the machine on. Makes me think that it's not the sd card or the hard drive and it is power. Getting a board seems non existent or not on a cost proportionate basis.

I want to fix this else its going to the tip.

It seems to me that I need first to see if the required voltage is being generated. I attach a picture of the connectors on the PWB. Anyone know which connector points should be showing the relevant voltage for me to test. The caps look fine but I don't suppose that means anything.

Please help if you can.

20230611_150603.jpg

This is the board without connectors attached (not my board)

s-l1600.jpg
    Last edited by gtiporter40; 06-16-2023 at 03:27 PM.

Technician

I've looked at this guide to the lights on the board

Sharp MX-2614N, MX-3114N (SERV.MAN46) Technical Bulletin — View online or Download repair manual | Not Booting Up Blank Screen Procedure

From this and looking at my new video below, my power light is normal (furthest light on the left), my sd card shows as fine as there is no light on and this leaves the lights next to the hard drive connector (at the top) and those right at the bottom

Both of those are blinking green and I assume if they were fine they would just be on. As such, all signs point to the power board.

If anyone feels differently please let me know. Otherwise I may now see if I can see if there are any obvious issues on this. Does anyone know the common failures?

Is it the caps for an easy repair? After discharging them of course.

I will start looking at this but any nudges in the right direction would help. Thanks

Technician

I am not a technician and I don't know how to amend that. Apologies for that.