Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MX-3070n sims 50-22 error "Data_Main_K_F_1st 50"

Hello Everyone,

I've got a MX-3070n that originally was called in for CYM colors being offset. At first we tried clearing the LSU data and attempted to re-calibrated, but the LSU numbers wouldn't stay in the 50s. We swapped the LSU from another 3070n over to the current one and the problem persists. The following things we've done so far during troubleshooting process was; we swapped all the drums, primary and secondary transfer over from an identical model, updated the firmware, and replaced the SSD for a history of E7-A7 code. When we performed sim 50-22 and made the L and R screw adjustments, the device would throw "Data_Main_K_F_1st 50" resulting in an incomplete process. I've reached out to Sharp help desk and they were stumped as well. Google search only showed 1 result posted here in 2018 that went unanswered. and the closest thing I found something along the line was "Data_Sub_..." but it's for an older model. This error code isn't listed in the manuals or anything related in the tech bulletins. Has anyone ran into a similar issue? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

Re: MX-3070n sims 50-22 error "Data_Main_K_F_1st 50"

Quote Originally Posted by Mint325 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I've got a MX-3070n that originally was called in for CYM colors being offset. At first we tried clearing the LSU data and attempted to re-calibrated, but the LSU numbers wouldn't stay in the 50s. We swapped the LSU from another 3070n over to the current one and the problem persists. The following things we've done so far during troubleshooting process was; we swapped all the drums, primary and secondary transfer over from an identical model, updated the firmware, and replaced the SSD for a history of E7-A7 code. When we performed sim 50-22 and made the L and R screw adjustments, the device would throw "Data_Main_K_F_1st 50" resulting in an incomplete process. I've reached out to Sharp help desk and they were stumped as well. Google search only showed 1 result posted here in 2018 that went unanswered. and the closest thing I found something along the line was "Data_Sub_..." but it's for an older model. This error code isn't listed in the manuals or anything related in the tech bulletins. Has anyone ran into a similar issue? Any input is greatly appreciated.

For really odd errors like this I would start with a factory reset and hopefully that would clear up the issue. I would guess that it has something to do with the black drum or developer.

Technician

Hello Everyone,

I'd try to replace Bk Dev.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

We had colors shifting/not aligning with a MX-3050N. This was on of the first ones we sold. We ended up swapping it out and eventually MFP-TB-1626 came out regarding shifting in the print position. You stated you swapped the 1st transfer so our issue was caused by somehting different.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hello Everyone,

Had something like this once. Didn't have correct Primary Transfer belt assembly and tried something similar I had in
    my car stock on a call. When running 50-22 got weird error message. I was swapping out for lines on copy. So I swapped out cleaning
    assembly on original Belt assembly for copy quality and was able to calibrate with 50-22.Are you sure you have exact same engine you are taking belt from????
    Good luck!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by driving lots of miles View Post
    For really odd errors like this I would start with a factory reset and hopefully that would clear up the issue. I would guess that it has something to do with the black drum or developer.
    I haven't tried to perform a Factory Reset yet, this device was set up by another tech before my time and was sitting in storage for many years. Some set up probably wasn't done properly as I notice the bit switches were never set. I was running the full setup process as if I was setup up a new device up to the sim 50-22 minus the Dev Initialization process. I'm starting to think it might be a board issue but I don't know which board handles sim 50-22

Quote Originally Posted by chatkal View Post
    I'd try to replace Bk Dev.
    We had swapped out all 4 dev units with a known good identical device that was beside it.

Quote Originally Posted by jp74msj55 View Post
    Had something like this once. Didn't have correct Primary Transfer belt assembly and tried something similar I had in
    my car stock on a call. When running 50-22 got weird error message. I was swapping out for lines on copy. So I swapped out cleaning
    assembly on original Belt assembly for copy quality and was able to calibrate with 50-22.Are you sure you have exact same engine you are taking belt from????
    Good luck!!!!
    Both devices we were swapping parts with each other are MX-3070n. Firmware was also flashed with the latest version. The problem machine had less than 40K on the meter, so all the parts are still factory.

*Again thank you all for your input; it's greatly appreciated.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MX-3070n sims 50-22 error "Data_Main_K_F_1st 50"

is there toner on the 2nd transfer roller?

Quote Originally Posted by nanohitmen View Post
    is there toner on the 2nd transfer roller?
    Not that I've noticed.

in my experience its on Black Drum Unit for ( K_) and F(_) is Front.

replace the whole black drum unit and try to put 100 (A-F) on 50-20.

Restart.

then do 50-22 if it will still get error if not do twice.
    then can do calibration.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hello Everyone,

Hi there what i have seen is that the primary transfer belt the tension is not enough the main spings need to be tensioned or posably change the primary belt unit with a new one there was a technical report that showed an update to the belt with stronger spring but i cant find it now.
    Thanks hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk