Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Location
    Lake Charles, La
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Sharp MX 3071 Setup

    I have a customer that bought a Sharp MX 3071 that was never setup. I'm setting it up for him and get a L4-11 code. From what I can tell I have to install a exit cabinet or a finisher.
    I can not locate exit cabinet MX TU16, is there a work around or a new part for this setup?

  2. #2
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Sharp MX 3071 Setup

    Quote Originally Posted by tthomas@ttronics.com View Post
    I have a customer that bought a Sharp MX 3071 that was never setup. I'm setting it up for him and get a L4-11 code. From what I can tell I have to install a exit cabinet or a finisher.
    I can not locate exit cabinet MX TU16, is there a work around or a new part for this setup?
    My employer has mentioned to me that the exit cabinets are impossible to get. We have had several trade-ins but they all had the inner finishers.

  3. #3
    Senior MFP Technician 100+ Posts ihatefinishers13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    US
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Sharp MX 3071 Setup

    Yeahhhh you're doomed. You'll need to find an MXTU16 exit unit or an MXFN27N finisher and install it. We bought a few finishers from an equipment broker, because we had a few machines without.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Location
    Lake Charles, La
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Sharp MX 3071 Setup

    Yea that's what I figured, I did see someone mentioning taking motor assembly out of a BP kit, not sure what they were talking about. I'm a Toshiba dealer, but doing this for a contractor that did some work for us.

  5. #5
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    576
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Sharp MX 3071 Setup

    Quote Originally Posted by tthomas@ttronics.com View Post
    I have a customer that bought a Sharp MX 3071 that was never setup. I'm setting it up for him and get a L4-11 code. From what I can tell I have to install a exit cabinet or a finisher.
    I can not locate exit cabinet MX TU16, is there a work around or a new part for this setup?

    istockphoto-460819451-612x612.jpg
    Psst, you, yeah you, come here... here you looking for some TU16's...

    Listen my guy... there is a way... but it costs.... 3 times the price ok?
    It's pricey... but I got you... you see, all you got to do is...

    BUY THE PARTS INDIVIDUALLY.


    Makeshift TU16 without screws cheat sheet:
    GCAB-1616FCZZ BD GJ D Delivery tray cabinet
    LSOU-0274FCZZ BA FX D Delivery tray
    LSOU-0278FCZZ AR EQ D Reverse gate tray
    LFIX-0627FCZ1 AD DJ C Paper fixing arm
    MLEVP0960FCAZ AD DJ C Full detect actuator
    PCOVP2711FCZZ AE DS C Shifter motor cover
    MLEVP1340FCZZ AD DJ C Shifter unit slide lever
    QEARP0396FCZZ AD DJ C Shifter unit drive earth plate
    NGERH2492FCZZ AE DJ C Shifter unit reduction gear(24/50T)
    CPLTM9050FC01 AG DX C Shifter unit drive plate
    RMOTS1067FCPZ AY FQ B Motor


    Courage guys. Where there is a will, there is a way.

  6. #6
    Senior MFP Technician 100+ Posts ihatefinishers13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    US
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Sharp MX 3071 Setup

    Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    istockphoto-460819451-612x612.jpg
    Psst, you, yeah you, come here... here you looking for some TU16's...

    Listen my guy... there is a way... but it costs.... 3 times the price ok?
    It's pricey... but I got you... you see, all you got to do is...

    BUY THE PARTS INDIVIDUALLY.


    Makeshift TU16 without screws cheat sheet:
    GCAB-1616FCZZ BD GJ D Delivery tray cabinet
    LSOU-0274FCZZ BA FX D Delivery tray
    LSOU-0278FCZZ AR EQ D Reverse gate tray
    LFIX-0627FCZ1 AD DJ C Paper fixing arm
    MLEVP0960FCAZ AD DJ C Full detect actuator
    PCOVP2711FCZZ AE DS C Shifter motor cover
    MLEVP1340FCZZ AD DJ C Shifter unit slide lever
    QEARP0396FCZZ AD DJ C Shifter unit drive earth plate
    NGERH2492FCZZ AE DJ C Shifter unit reduction gear(24/50T)
    CPLTM9050FC01 AG DX C Shifter unit drive plate
    RMOTS1067FCPZ AY FQ B Motor


    Courage guys. Where there is a will, there is a way.
    I really hate Sharp for doing this. Also, you might want to add in what the finished result is supposed to look like... Not everyone enjoys Lego's, but I don't associate with those types of people anyway :P

  7. #7
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    576
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Sharp MX 3071 Setup

    Quote Originally Posted by ihatefinishers13 View Post
    I really hate Sharp for doing this. Also, you might want to add in what the finished result is supposed to look like... Not everyone enjoys Lego's, but I don't associate with those types of people anyway :P
    Looks good, functional and it works.
    We just keep a set it stock, and we have been using inner finishers. But sometimes we use it when an inner finisher is unavailable, or the end user doesn't need or desire it on the small upsell.

    I didn't add the screws there, because we have a sh*t ton of screws, so, you would need to go through the parts guide and get them yourselves.

    Works great though!

  8. #8
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Greenville, OH
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: Sharp MX 3071 Setup

    Will a BP-TU10 work? Wrong color but it might not have any changes from the TU16 other than color.

    I'd try buying a BP-TU10 for the shifter motor assembly and then if you want a color match order the clear tray and bottom tray from a MX-3071 Parts Guide.

    The clear tray on the BP-TU10 is not the same as the clear tray on a MX-TU16. It will not screw on a lower gray tray of the part ordered from the 3071 Parts Guide.

  9. #9
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Greenville, OH
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: Sharp MX 3071 Setup

    This should be everything you will need to recreate a MX-TU16:
    BP-TU10 (this provides the shifter mech, paper full arm, reverse gate and paper fixing arm)
    GCAB-1616FCAZ
    LSOU-0274FCZZ

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Location
    Lake Charles, La
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Sharp MX 3071 Setup

    Thanks for the info, I'll either do that or go with an inner finisher.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here