Thread: sharp mx 6070

sharp mx 6070

have a problem with a sharp mx m6070 it consistently shows the code f2-78, I know from experience that this is the image density sensor and in other models such as the sharp 565 I know that it is located on the transfer roller, but it is not I know where it is so I can clean it or change it. Could someone help me with its location?

Technician

Re: sharp mx 6070

Quote Originally Posted by LEOMARTINEZ View Post
    have a problem with a sharp mx m6070 it consistently shows the code f2-78, I know from experience that this is the image density sensor and in other models such as the sharp 565 I know that it is located on the transfer roller, but it is not I know where it is so I can clean it or change it. Could someone help me with its location?
    Also do a FW Update DEA-5211_ARE1351.pdf

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

2 sensors (front and back) above the transferbelt on the right side.

If you remove the transferbelt unit, you can see them.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Do what boutn stated. Easy to clean. Have cleaned but never replaced for this code!!!!!!

my mistake the model is mx 6500 sorry

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

ive had to replace a few of the sensors before, I was unable to find them in the parts manual so stole them out of a junker we had. I would think it would be the same problem even on a MX6500 as they are very similar machines.

Technician

Clean that sensor really good with alcohol, I've had several machines that constantly threw that code and since using alcohol to clean I haven't seen it come back.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    sharp mx 6070

Also run 44-2, it will show the sensor that has a issue(will get err message)