Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

microsoft print connector MX2630

Hello,

A customer site has several MX2630 and BP50C26 in the field. The IT wants to connect them through the microsoft print connector. The BP-machines work fine, but the MX2630 acts strange. For example if they want to print A3 the document always comes on A4. When they want to print color, the document always comes out BW.

Does anyone have any experience connecting MX2630 to microsoft print connector?

I also found a tech tip (which i can't access) that should has installation instructions. I don't know if someone could check this for me. TT-052421_1 on the service.sharpamericas.com

regards,

Ramon

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: microsoft print connector MX2630

Quote Originally Posted by glimmer1980 View Post
    Hello,

A customer site has several MX2630 and BP50C26 in the field. The IT wants to connect them through the microsoft print connector. The BP-machines work fine, but the MX2630 acts strange. For example if they want to print A3 the document always comes on A4. When they want to print color, the document always comes out BW.

Does anyone have any experience connecting MX2630 to microsoft print connector?

I also found a tech tip (which i can't access) that should has installation instructions. I don't know if someone could check this for me. TT-052421_1 on the service.sharpamericas.com

regards,

Ramon
    Do you mean WSD? If so, ditch it and use tcp/ip instead. WSD is utter rubbish. Are you using the correct driver for the 2630?

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Are you referring to Univeral Print connector from the Microsoft Download Center? If so, you need these OS:
    Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2022
    Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise version 1809 or later, or Windows Server 2016 or later.

As mentioned above, if WSD, tell IT they need to scrap that garbage and use static ips with reservations.
    Sharps also have a SC2 ip port designed exclusively for Sharp devices which could be tested.
    From your description, it seems the software is "trumping" the print driver settings. Have you tested with a different program or different file types?

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Technician

Maybe that could help you

Universal Print from Microsoft