Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

Re: Low toner alert options and meter readings

We don't do any auto supply refill orders for our customers but we use several methods to track supply alerts.

Machines send emails to a dedicated account. I created rules in the account and incoming emails are sent to subfolders based on what they are. Looking at it the folder I created called 'waste" there are !!!!! Replacement the waste toner box required soon. !!!!! and also Replace wate toner box.
    We also use PrintTrackerPro. While it can be set up to send alerts at any level we only have it set up to send alerts for premature supply replacements. Print Track told me once that anything the device can display on the control panel PrintTracker can track.
    Finally we use MICAS. Dashboard, All Customers, Toner or Alerts. We disable the "Load Paper" alert on all devices before they go out.

Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    We don't do any auto supply refill orders for our customers but we use several methods to track supply alerts.

Machines send emails to a dedicated account. I created rules in the account and incoming emails are sent to subfolders based on what they are. Looking at it the folder I created called 'waste" there are !!!!! Replacement the waste toner box required soon. !!!!! and also Replace wate toner box.
    We also use PrintTrackerPro. While it can be set up to send alerts at any level we only have it set up to send alerts for premature supply replacements. Print Track told me once that anything the device can display on the control panel PrintTracker can track.
    Finally we use MICAS. Dashboard, All Customers, Toner or Alerts. We disable the "Load Paper" alert on all devices before they go out.
    Waste box are unreliable, we only track replacement and send a new one to avoid any downtime.
    It seems that MICAS is US only :[
    I have ERS for Epson and it's pretty cool but there is still some limitations (and ofc Epson only).
    I'm looking to deploy Kpax to manage our fleet.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Low toner alert options and meter readings

Hi There,

we use MPS monitor that as also API Integration with CRM to reduce machine downtime and automatic delivery. But Waste toner is a mess.
    Always sending more backups to keep customer satisfied.

V.
    29 rouge unpair manque.... cous cous....

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sharphead View Post
    Thanks everyone, the error reporting one time switch is the most important for me. Getting to set the % remaining would have been handy but not essential

28 bit 3 to 1 - error reporting 1 time

8 bit 3 to 1?

I'm in the UK. I looked at a few yesterday afternoon. It seems some are factory set to 0 and some to 1 on 28-3.

Is the error/toner low reporting switch 28 Bit 3 or 8 Bit 3???

No it's to only have one mail per alert
    55-3 SW-28 3

Technician
    Low toner alert options and meter readings

Question Re: Low toner alert options and meter readings

The weak point of Sharp copiers has always been the fusers; fortunately, they no longer use charge coronas, but the two-component developer and toner system make the machine require more technician intervention for service. Additionally, the machine requires more frequent automatic calibrations, resulting in higher toner consumption with each calibration. This excess toner ends up in the waste box, filling it much faster and increasing maintenance costs. The low yield of the drums is well known, as they never complete their full lifespan cycle. This makes it very difficult to calculate service contracts, resulting in a significant loss of revenue for dealers.
    This is a service intensive brand of machines. Good luck.

Andy

What do you mean the two component ?
    I wasn't changing developer that much before, and now the DV is good for the lifetime of the machine.

Senior MFP Technician 250+ Posts ihatefinishers13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hart View Post
    What do you mean the two component ?
    I wasn't changing developer that much before, and now the DV is good for the lifetime of the machine.
    You must not have developer pull problems like we do on the 71 series.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ihatefinishers13 View Post
    You must not have developer pull problems like we do on the 71 series.
    Oh don't worry, the CR5 "BP Series" also does this

I have had many devices where I have had to change the developer due to it being all sucked out

It's becoming more of a problem as well

Senior MFP Technician 250+ Posts ihatefinishers13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imprestik View Post
    Oh don't worry, the CR5 "BP Series" also does this

I have had many devices where I have had to change the developer due to it being all sucked out

It's becoming more of a problem as well
    We only had one machine that was causing yellow to print on every page... Ended up being a cracked component on the MC PWB. That one ended up pulling the DV, but it was a legitimate reason... Where, the 70/71 series issues are caused by a few things.

Not looking forward to the same issues, yet again. It's bad enough we have to deal with the FN27 reborn into the BPFN11/12.