• Show
Clear All
  • sharphead
    Trusted Tech
    250+ Posts
    • Aug 2009

Low toner alert options and meter readings

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on what you all use for alerts and meter readings

We are using a print collection engine, that recommends installation on the server. We've found that even on a windows server we have licensing issues, due to the server changing its primary network card etc.
    Installing this on a local desktop sometimes works ok sometimes isn't worth it.

My MD then discovered the alerting system using the MFP itself and the SMTP settings. He is primarily concerned about using it for meter readings. But also wants to use it for low toner, waste toner etc.

The problem seems to be a single cyan toner for example can alert four times on a MX3061.

I've looked in the simulations around 26-69.

Just recently discovered OneStop and looking at it now.

But was keen to know what people use.

Thanks
    Last edited by sharphead; 02-19-2024, 12:49 PM.
  • copiertec
    Service Manager
    Site Contributor
    1,000+ Posts
    • Jan 2016

Re: Low toner alert options and meter readings

We use email alerts, for meters and alerts, but it does give you a ton of low toner alerts and have noticed that they start when the toner is below the 50% mark, so be prepared for a lot of low toner alerts. we have not found a soft switch to adjust this for when toners get to the 10% or lower levels.

Comment

• mloudy
      Senior Tech
      500+ Posts
      • Oct 2015

We set all machines up with the following:

55-3
      28 bit 3 to 1 - error reporting 1 time
      32 bit 2 to 1 - toner MIB report 5%

Comment

• Saturn
        Trusted Tech
        Site Contributor
        100+ Posts
        • Nov 2023

We use FMAudit. It works quite reliably. The default toner alarm setting is 20%, but can be customized for each machine.
        I don't care about who your father is, as long as I'm fishing here, you won't walk on water.

Comment

• sharphead
          Trusted Tech
          250+ Posts
          • Aug 2009

Thanks for all the replies. A soft switch was the kind of thing I was hoping for. 28 bit 3 to 1 - error reporting 1 time sounds like the answer.

Another quick question on bit 32 the default is 10% ? so is it possible to set it to 4 for 20% --
          Sorry a while since I've used the switches. Is the 0 10%
          Printaudit does work well. Its just alot of our clients are small businesses and don't use servers. A few clients with servers when printaudit stops running, it can be a pain getting access to the server.

Comment

• mloudy
            Senior Tech
            500+ Posts
            • Oct 2015

You might check SIM 26-69 G. This allows the selection of 1%, 5% or 25%.

Comment

• Hart
              Trusted Tech
              100+ Posts
              • Feb 2024

Originally posted by mloudy
              You might check SIM 26-69 G. This allows the selection of 1%, 5% or 25%.
              Huh ? I only know the 55-3 SW8-3 to have only one alerte when toner is low (it's 25% by default in EU at least).
              This is the default 26-69, Toner Email is already on (0) with the CR4 generation, I did not know that you could select the %

2024-02-19 21_34_10-Window.jpg

Comment

• mloudy
                Senior Tech
                500+ Posts
                • Oct 2015

Now that I look at it G allows how far the breakdown is for toner remaining. 1% increments, 5% increments and 25% increments.

Comment

• sharphead
                  Trusted Tech
                  250+ Posts
                  • Aug 2009

Thanks everyone, the error reporting one time switch is the most important for me. Getting to set the % remaining would have been handy but not essential

8 bit 3 to 1?

I'm in the UK. I looked at a few yesterday afternoon. It seems some are factory set to 0 and some to 1 on 28-3.

Comment

• boutn
                    Trusted Tech
                    250+ Posts
                    • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Saturn
                    We use FMAudit. It works quite reliably. The default toner alarm setting is 20%, but can be customized for each machine.
                    how do you get the 'waste toner almost full'?

Comment

• mloudy
                      Senior Tech
                      500+ Posts
                      • Oct 2015

We don't do any auto supply refill orders for our customers but we use several methods to track supply alerts.

Machines send emails to a dedicated account. I created rules in the account and incoming emails are sent to subfolders based on what they are. Looking at it the folder I created called 'waste" there are !!!!! Replacement the waste toner box required soon. !!!!! and also Replace wate toner box.
                      We also use PrintTrackerPro. While it can be set up to send alerts at any level we only have it set up to send alerts for premature supply replacements. Print Track told me once that anything the device can display on the control panel PrintTracker can track.
                      Finally we use MICAS. Dashboard, All Customers, Toner or Alerts. We disable the "Load Paper" alert on all devices before they go out.

Comment

• Hart
                        Trusted Tech
                        100+ Posts
                        • Feb 2024

Originally posted by mloudy
                        We don't do any auto supply refill orders for our customers but we use several methods to track supply alerts.

Machines send emails to a dedicated account. I created rules in the account and incoming emails are sent to subfolders based on what they are. Looking at it the folder I created called 'waste" there are !!!!! Replacement the waste toner box required soon. !!!!! and also Replace wate toner box.
                        We also use PrintTrackerPro. While it can be set up to send alerts at any level we only have it set up to send alerts for premature supply replacements. Print Track told me once that anything the device can display on the control panel PrintTracker can track.
                        Finally we use MICAS. Dashboard, All Customers, Toner or Alerts. We disable the "Load Paper" alert on all devices before they go out.
                        Waste box are unreliable, we only track replacement and send a new one to avoid any downtime.
                        It seems that MICAS is US only :[
                        I have ERS for Epson and it's pretty cool but there is still some limitations (and ofc Epson only).
                        I'm looking to deploy Kpax to manage our fleet.

Comment

• nobody-here
                          Trusted Tech
                          Site Contributor
                          100+ Posts
                          • Mar 2008

Hi There,

we use MPS monitor that as also API Integration with CRM to reduce machine downtime and automatic delivery. But Waste toner is a mess.
                          Always sending more backups to keep customer satisfied.

V.
                          29 rouge unpair manque.... cous cous....

Comment

• pdy-pt
                            Technician
                            50+ Posts
                            • Mar 2018

Originally posted by sharphead
                            Thanks everyone, the error reporting one time switch is the most important for me. Getting to set the % remaining would have been handy but not essential

8 bit 3 to 1?

I'm in the UK. I looked at a few yesterday afternoon. It seems some are factory set to 0 and some to 1 on 28-3.

Is the error/toner low reporting switch 28 Bit 3 or 8 Bit 3???

Comment

• Hart
                              Trusted Tech
                              100+ Posts
                              • Feb 2024

No it's to only have one mail per alert
                              55-3 SW-28 3

Comment

Working...