f2 40 in sharp mx-503

I have this problem with a sharp mx-503 on a recurring basis it presents code f2-40, I already changed the developer with all the correct steps for its installation and I also changed the developing unit with new developer and it continues to fail. Could someone help me why this is happening? And any solution other than changing developer and development unit?

Re: f2 40 in sharp mx-503

Did you do the developer adjustment in 25-2 ? I don't remember if you have to remove the cartridge or not on this model (it will tell you if you have to remove it).
    The TCS sensor is in the developer unit, so if you've replaced it, clean your copier with a toner vacuum, make sure that your toner cartridge is not clogged up or the door broken, that the toner motor is working (did you changed the toner or the % did not move ?) and if all else fail, change the PCU card.
    Last edited by Hart; 02-27-2024 at 08:37 AM. Reason: There is no toner pipe on mono ...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Are you using OEM or aftermarket toner? Have had recurring issues with aftermarket toners.

Good luck

Bil

Technician

Is it possible that the image density sensor located at the transfer roller is dirty or faulty?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LEOMARTINEZ View Post
    I have this problem with a sharp mx-503 on a recurring basis it presents code f2-40, I already changed the developer with all the correct steps for its installation and I also changed the developing unit with new developer and it continues to fail. Could someone help me why this is happening? And any solution other than changing developer and development unit?
    I had this happen recently on a MX-M5071. I replaced the drum, developer, transfer roller assembly, and toner all from a known working machine, and it still kept popping up the F2-40 code. I ended up replacing the PCU PWB, and that took care of it
    Also, make sure your firmware is at the most recent level

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    f2 40 in sharp mx-503

Quote Originally Posted by LEOMARTINEZ View Post
    I remember that series had a problem with the toner add clutch or motor rusting and causing low density. Try removing toner cartridge, cheating front door, and run sim 10 (toner add motor) and see if gear is turning smoothly.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

That unit also has a torque limiter in the toner drive system. Its inside the main drive unit and was a pain if I rememeber correctly.