ron67601

MX-C357F Scanning

When I scan a document to my network folder I get a PDF and an HTML Microsoft Edge copy. Why is that? I just want the PDF document. What do I have to do to stop getting the HTML one? Firmware is current with 221.204. Thanks in advance Ron

Senior MFP Technician 250+ Posts ihatefinishers13's Avatar

Re: MX-C357F Scanning

Quote Originally Posted by ron67601 View Post
    When I scan a document to my network folder I get a PDF and an HTML Microsoft Edge copy. Why is that? I just want the PDF document. What do I have to do to stop getting the HTML one? Firmware is current with 221.204. Thanks in advance Ron
    Are you opening the document in Edge when you are seeing that HTML doc? Also, don't use Edge for PDFs. Use an actual PDF reader, you'll have less problems with anything.

ron67601

When I scan a single page document to a network folder I get 2 documents. I'm attaching the documents I get to this reply.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by ron67601 View Post
    Quando eseguo la scansione di un documento nella mia cartella di rete, ottengo un PDF e una copia HTML di Microsoft Edge. Perché? Voglio solo il documento PDF. Cosa devo fare per smettere di ricevere quello HTML? Il firmware è aggiornato con 221.204. Grazie in anticipo Ron
    Quando crei il percorso di scansione dopo nome utente e password trovi opzioni avanzate togli la spunta a xml

ron67601

When I scan a PDF file format to the computer why do I get a PDF document and a Microsoft Edge HTML document? I just want the PDF one. There has to be a setting somewhere I can change.

It's not an HTML file but an XML file.
    For whatever reason on the Luna/Lexmark models when you scan to SMB an XML file is created, you need to disable it.

Application -> Scan Center - Network folder -> Setup -> Select your address -> Advanced -> Unselect "XML something something"

ron67601

Ok thanks Hart for the response. Greatly appreciated.