Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Steve2473

Back up a Sharp AR-620?

Our facility has two Sharp multifunction machines: one AR-M620 and one AR-350. Recently the hard drive had to be replaced in the M620. The copier saved most of the configuration settings (which must be stored internally), but wiped out the Image Send destinations and other e-mail related settings (which must have been on the hard drive). I tried using the Storage backup utility within the GUI interface and it appears to export out okay into .bin files. When trying to import back in, I receive an error indicating the the file is not found or corrupt. This occurs on both machines. Does anyone have a suggestion regarding how to back up this information?
    Thanks in advance for any replies!

OMD-227
    Are you using the Device Cloning browser page eg http://ipaddress/device_cloning.html ??
    User name is: service
    Password is: shArp

If you have a fax kit on the machine, you can backup and restore the HDD data using sim66-19 & 66-20. This uses the optional AR-MM9 memory module in the fax kit.

I haven't tried it on a Dragon before, but I always use Sim56-02 on the Sharp MX color machines to backup the SRAM & HDD. Same sim is used to restore these bin files to the machine if either MFP or HDD is replaced at some stage. We always make these backups/device clones along the way as you never know, someday a HDD or MFP just might die and we have the backups ready-to-go. It only takes a few minutes. I do it while writing up the paperwork on each job.
    As I said, haven't done it yet on a Dragon, as I haven't needed to, so dont quote me on this sim working on this series. I know it does on the C-Dragon series etc etc.

Otherwise, try what I mentioned above.