Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Team ****** wulffservice's Avatar

MX-5500N---Error code L4-36

Any information on this code would be appreciated....Thanks in advance!

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

"Fusing suction fan lock", check with TC 6-2 for fan rotation, and check connection of harness to PCU pwb.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Team ****** wulffservice's Avatar
    thanks for the help very much appriciated

Technician

Re: MX-5500N---Error code L4-36

I'm getting the same code, I've checked all the fans in sim 6-2, and all fans are spinning nicely. I'd love to just swap the fan, but seeing as there is no "fuser suction fan" in the parts manual, I'm unsure which one to order. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cysec View Post
    I'm getting the same code, I've checked all the fans in sim 6-2, and all fans are spinning nicely. I'd love to just swap the fan, but seeing as there is no "fuser suction fan" in the parts manual, I'm unsure which one to order. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    See section 55 "Delivery Unit" Item 10.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Technician

Thank you for the speedy response, I've swapped both of the fans in that section with the one from section 63, and I'm still getting the code, my next step is going to be tracing the connections all the way to the PCU PWB which is regiserting .1 VDC at CN 13 Pin 4 (the signal that generates the code) it should be reading approx 5VDC. I'm hoping someone will respond with a simpler answer in the time it takes me to do that.

OK the plot thickens, when I've got a meter on it right at the rear fan, as soon as I turn on the power to the machine, it registers 5.06VDC, then as soon as the fan kicks in, it goes to 0.1. It does the exact same thing when I check it at the PCU PWB. So either I'm totally misunderstanding the manual and signal list, or it shouldn't be generating a code...
    Last edited by cysec; 06-25-2012 at 05:25 PM. Reason: adding additional info.

Thank you for the speedy response, I've swapped both of the fans in that section with the one from section 63, and I'm still getting the code, my next step is going to be tracing the connections all the way to the PCU PWB which is regiserting .1 VDC at CN 13 Pin 4 (the signal that generates the code) it should be reading approx 5VDC. I'm hoping someone will respond with a simpler answer in the time it takes me to do that.

OK the plot thickens, when I've got a meter on it right at the rear fan, as soon as I turn on the power to the machine, it registers 5.06VDC, then as soon as the fan kicks in, it goes to 0.1. It does the exact same thing when I check it at the PCU PWB. So either I'm totally misunderstanding the manual and signal list, or it shouldn't be generating a code...
    Check all the fan connections. There's also the possibility I gave you the wrong part to look at, as I had just searched fan in the fusing unit section. Sect. 55 Part #12 is also a fan and may potentially be the correct one (Radiate fan) though it would be beneficial if Sharp were to actually call the fusing suction fan the fusing suction fan in the manual...

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    Check all the fan connections. There's also the possibility I gave you the wrong part to look at, as I had just searched fan in the fusing unit section. Sect. 55 Part #12 is also a fan and may potentially be the correct one (Radiate fan) though
    I just got off the phone with Sharp Tech Support, I checked all the fan connections, and had already replaced the Radiate Fan with a new one. The chap at Tech support indicated the same fan you originally did, and has advised that I replace the PCU PWB as they've seen this with various fan signals in the past.

It seems lately that whenever I call Tech Support lately I end up replacing a board...

it would be beneficial if Sharp were to actually call the fusing suction fan the fusing suction fan in the manual...
    That would be too easy.

I just got off the phone with Sharp Tech Support, I checked all the fan connections, and had already replaced the Radiate Fan with a new one. The chap at Tech support indicated the same fan you originally did, and has advised that I replace the PCU PWB as they've seen this with various fan signals in the past.

It seems lately that whenever I call Tech Support lately I end up replacing a board...

That would be too easy.
    Could be worse, you could have just set up an MXM753N with an LCC and FN15 finisher with a punch unit only to have it completely die less than an hour after dropping it off at customer site...

Have you done all the firmware updates on your 5500?

Technician

Have you done all the firmware updates on your 5500?
    I have indeed, was the first thing I did after he said I'd need a board.