Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sharp ARM-162

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tcypy1961's Avatar

Sharp ARM-162

The copier is getting an L100 error code which the result is blank copies. The customer is able to reset the code but say it happens frequently. What are the main causes for the error code and can be done to fix the problem or is there a reset function for whatever the problem is? Any help appreciated, thank you.

OMD-227
    Scanner feed trouble.

Obviously check scan unit wiring & cables are OK and not tight. Run the scanner test sim to ensure free movement.

Otherwise, check this bulletin............
    Attached Images Attached Images

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp ARM-162

I was unfamiliar with this bulletin. Thanks.

I only had one documentable scanner issue, but it was on a Panther not a Pegasus. Thankfully this problem was consistent every time, otherwise I may never have fixed it. The machine would pick up paper and bring it to the registration roller. The scan was completed, then the machine would just run and run, and run, and run, and run, and run and run, and run, possibly forever. Out of curiousity I watched it for 1/2 hour, and it was still cycling. When I would open a door or flip the power Off, the machine would register a "Jam A". After swapping just about everything, I ended up changing the scanner HP sensor. The funny thing was that the scanner never slammed into the end, like you would expect a bad HP sensor to do.

The only other similar situation was on a Leopard. It did present with a L3-00 and a F5-02. This machine had been dropped. In the initial stages of diagnosis I discovered that the scan drive belt could not be tensioned properly because of the torqed scanner frame. There were three unused slots in the scan motor mount. By installing additional screws I got past the L3-00, but this machine was just not fixable, so the diagnosis didn't go any further. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

L1 00 Scanner feed trouble