Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Question ERROR E7-03 MX series

hello guys, i visited a customer that says, sometimes they noticed that the error code E7-03 shows up on the machine first thing when they power up the machine on mornings, however when i went to the repairs i did not see any error code,so i ran sim 62-2 did a R/W [part]
    test, and everything was ok, did not have the time to do full R/W test on HDD, by the way the the copier is a MX-3501,i also checked the HDD cable and check and fitted the roms again,my question is whats the worst case here?if the hdd need to replace, can i copy the information to another HDD? does it have to be the same size hdd as the one in the copier? and could i just clone the hdd in windows?i really havent seen the error code as i said just need some details and some question answered, thanks again in advance guys.

OMD-227
    E7-03 is a HDD trouble code.
    Its usually the first sign of trouble that the HDD will eventually, maybe oneday, completely stop working.
    I have seen cases like yours where the code will appear once and never ever show up again, while other times it appears next week and progressively becomes more common.
    You should be organising a new 80Gb IDE HDD for this machine, just in case. The HDD contents can be backed up via the data transfer sim 56-02. This will backup all of the scanning addresses, job logs & user info which is all stored on the HDD of the first series MX machines. Once a new HDD is fitted & you clear the U2-05 code which will appear (as the machine has detected a different HDD from before), you simply run the same 56-02 sim and re-import the data. The machine will boot up as if nothing was ever changed, with all data in place.
    You need to have at least the same size HDD as what is in there now. The MX3501N has an 80Gb IDE HDD. That means you need a minimum of 80Gb IDE HDD, as you can install anything bigger. The machine will automatically partition the drive into the sections it needs for users & document filing.

Basically, my best advice is to monitor the situation. There is a very good chance that it will not show up again, but definitely go back to this site and make a backup/clone file of the HDD as a precaution, because if the HDD completely dies, you will loose all that info and have to manually re-enter everything....... massive PITA if there are alot of address book users installed!!

I have also had situations on MX machines where changing the HDD made no difference..... the E7-03 code would randomly appear a few weeks later. Even changing the HDD again made no difference. As the HDD is connected to the MFP, change the MFP board if it still appears afterwards. This always solved the issues.
    I had one MX5500N that had several HDD's and a MFP and it still did the code every few weeks. We placed a power filter device on the power cable called a Powerguard Duo and it has not come back for 6 months now. I was sure it was an unstable power issue as I sometimes saw the lights flicker in the utility room where the copier was.

Definitely make a backup of the HDD of your machine. It takes less than 30 seconds and is a very small file placed on your USB stick. You can also make the HDD backup from the webpage under the section called 'Storage Backup'.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    thanks a ton wazza, i am sure i am not the only one on this site that we appreciate your expertise at all times, thanks again buddy.

OMD-227
    You're very welcome.
    Happy to contribute.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar
    I've had this happen on the 3501 series and there is a setting in sim 62-12 (auto format on HDD trouble) that I enabled and have not had this issue return. The default is disabled.

Good luck.

Bil

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    appreciate your help bilyahn, i'll check that out

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar
    You're welcome. Have a great weekend.

Re: ERROR E7-03 MX series

Hi my copy machine is mx4111n and and i see randomly e7-03 error and i solve that with check sim code but recently that error come and doesn't solve with sim code i call service and they say that hdd is broken i search in google and i see this problem in this models is more than other models please help me if someone have this problem or solved this my english not good if you have video tutorial please send me thank you .

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ERROR E7-03 MX series

Re: ERROR E7-03 MX series

Quote Originally Posted by reza hasanbaglo View Post
    hi my copy machine is mx4111n and and i see randomly e7-03 error and i solve that with check sim code but recently that error come and doesn't solve with sim code i call service and they say that hdd is broken i search in google and i see this problem in this models is more than other models please help me if someone have this problem or solved this my english not good if you have video tutorial please send me thank you .
    start your own new thread..

This one has been dead and buried for 10 damn years.

1st POST .... EARNED YOUR FIRST RED CARD... KEEP UP THE 'GOOD' WORK.

Post Re: ERROR E7-03 MX series

Run 62 -2 if okay .Maybe MFP board.I have some isuee.