Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Sharp MX2700N Primary Belt Issue

Got a Primary Belt Unit that bound up - it stop moving. It made a clicking noise. I thought it was strange for this to happen - the machine only has 87k on it. I changed the P Belt Unit and everything seemed good. About a week or so later, same issue.

I changed out the Belt again but this time the clicking started up immediately. I checked the DV Motor, and had the PCU PWB checked, too. Both are good. All the gears are good. The Unit just won't turn.

I am at a loss - it's probably something staring me in the face. But nothing I have come across before - neither has Sharp Tech Support.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar
    are u using new transfer units, if so there is a problem with the individual transfer rollers for each color popping loose during shipping, and they will cause the belt to bind up and usually tear the belt but not everytime

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertoast View Post
    are u using new transfer units, if so there is a problem with the individual transfer rollers for each color popping loose during shipping, and they will cause the belt to bind up and usually tear the belt but not everytime
    There was the one in the system - that was obviously original that I was having the issue with, and then the one I changed to was/is new.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar
    Check your waste toner box, make sure its the right one, they will inter-change with the 2600-3100 models, and except for the transfer belt waste toner port, will work, on the 2600/3100 its on top on the 2300/2700 its on the other side, same as all the other waste toner ports, it will fit, but the transfer belt waste toner port will not open when the waste toner is installed, just the ones fo the drums will open, I have seen this happen, cust had one of each type, and used wrong waste toner box on wrong machine, and locked up the transfer belt unit.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar
    ^^^ yup fogot about that one, i have seen this happen also

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I appreciate the input. I thought that the Waste Container was the right one, unless they miss matched the Container frlom the factory with the box it came in. It was new - not much waste in it and it appeared to be good. But maybe there is an obstruction that I didn't see or notice. Changing out the Container sounds like a first step to work things out and an easier fix then what Tech Support told and put me through. This has been a small imbarassing nightmare.

Tomorrow, I'll see what happens next after checking your suggestions. Many thanks for your help.