Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    toppower

Sharp mx-m850 error code L4-55

Hello! forgive my poor english,I had a error code issue in mxm850. mxm850 occur L4-55 error code after printing a few pages,I check the service manual about the error code L4-55 is process cooling fan trouble,I test the CFMCL in sim 6-2,process cooling fan 1-4 are work,then replace the PCB pwb too,but error code still occur after print few pages,please help me to resolve this issue!!

Re: Sharp mx-m850 error code L4-55

Try first to replace the fan motors from process, laser and fusing unit,before you replace the boards.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Here is some information from a tech tip on Sharp's web site. We haven't had this issue come up yet on our 850's. Something to look at before you go to the expense of a board replacement.

There are 2 possible causes:
    1. A piece of paper stuck in the rear frame of the middle transport unit, between theconnector of the transport and the rear frame that the connector plugs into. (similar to what used to happen in the SD2060's)
    2. Wire damage at the first tie wrap coming back from the CFM-Tr fan on the middle transport unit (this would seem more likely as the wire runs seem to have the absolute minimum wire needed to connect to each other).

Good luck.

Bil

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Some additional information for you if needed;

The above error code relates to the fan that is located on the transfer section (front frame to the right hand side of the fuser), not the copy process fan that is incorrectly described within the service manual.

Check the fan connector and the main connector block on the rear frame to ensure there is no paper lodged, causing a poor connection (especially if POIND_N jams are experienced).

If the fan has already been replaced and L4-55 trouble is still experienced, check and replace the Middle Step Main Harness (PG Section 72, item 72) and/or Middle Frame Harness (PG Section 69, Item 5):-

Middle Step Harness:
    DHAI-4156FCP1 (MX-M850 only)
    DHAI-4125FCP1 (MX-M950/1100 only)

Middle Frame Harness:
    DHAI-4087FCP1 (MX-M850)
    DHAI-4021FCP1 (MX-M950/1100)
    In addition, ensure to upgrade the MFP firmware the latest version.

Good luck.

Bil

toppower

Dear Bil,
    Thanks for your infomation,I use wrong item to test process cooling fan ,Because process cooling fan test is CFM_PS/CFM_Tr in sim6-2,when I use CFM_PS/CFM_Tr to test process cooling fan is not working,so I check the connector that you pointed out,has no piece of paper stuck in the connector,but the connector plug pin deformation,so I guess customer not remove the jammed paper and pushed middle transport unit,I adjusted the connector plug pin,It's working now,thanks again.

toppower

Please i have the same problem you had some years ago. Can you help me out?

Quote Originally Posted by toppower View Post
    Dear Bil,
    Thanks for your infomation,I use wrong item to test process cooling fan ,Because process cooling fan test is CFM_PS/CFM_Tr in sim6-2,when I use CFM_PS/CFM_Tr to test process cooling fan is not working,so I check the connector that you pointed out,has no piece of paper stuck in the connector,but the connector plug pin deformation,so I guess customer not remove the jammed paper and pushed middle transport unit,I adjusted the connector plug pin,It's working now,thanks again.

toppower