Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Tech 500+ Posts
    Sim code help mx2610

Sim code help mx2610

I am being one of those guys. I know.

There was a machine of ours which could only be fixed by a guy from sharp itself, not a dealer such as ourselves. He put some magic code into the machine which is only available to sharp not the dealers. It cost us a pretty penny to get this guy out to do this. They will not give use the code or any dealer. I was wondering if anyone one knew of this code, what it does and if they would be willing to help a fellow tech with something he thinks we are getting screwed over by. Any help or suggestions are more than welcome.

thanks in advance michael
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Sim code help mx2610

Re: Sim code help mx2610

Quote Originally Posted by michaelc View Post
    I am being one of those guys. I know.

There was a machine of ours which could only be fixed by a guy from sharp itself, not a dealer such as ourselves. He put some magic code into the machine which is only available to sharp not the dealers. It cost us a pretty penny to get this guy out to do this. They will not give use the code or any dealer. I was wondering if anyone one knew of this code, what it does and if they would be willing to help a fellow tech with something he thinks we are getting screwed over by. Any help or suggestions are more than welcome.

thanks in advance michael
    While I was in my training course recently I asked my instructor if Sharp did in fact have a second level of service codes. Apparently they do, however these second level codes are known to only a handful of people at Sharp (Sharp Canada, apparently has 2 people who know it in all of Ontario), apparently these codes are hidden to all, secret button locations etc. and are mostly (from what I understand of what I was told) used for changing EEPROM data etc and are things that should not be given out to any random person.

I don't believe you're getting screwed by it, and I'm going to assume your problem with the machine was either as I stated an EEPROM issue or someone forgetting their admin password... There is a legit 2nd level of service codes however, so don't think this was some shady dealings.

Good luck in your future endeavors and try not to let whatever it was happen again! :P

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    Sim code help mx2610

Thanks. I only got told this from another and was hoping on the off chance some one might know. Thanks for the info. if only a couple of people have these codes in a country, then i am guessing the guys at my place made a major boo boo.

I appreciate all advice/help.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Sim code help mx2610

You're quite welcome for the info... If this guy had to be flown in for the code to be input and fix it, there was definitely a big boo boo haha. However, from what I was told when I spoke to the guy with the codes, he mostly uses it to change EEPROMs, which involves special firmware as well... It was quite informative.

Just have to hope that I don't receive anymore machines that are throwing off U2 codes right out of the box anymore.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sim code help mx2610

About the only things that manufacturers have to come out for, is if someone set off the counterfit protection.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    Sim code help mx2610

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    About the only things that manufacturers have to come out for, is if someone set off the counterfit protection.
    Yeah, thats the only reason i can think of myself but i dont think they did that (well i hope not)