Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Angry SC3 Sharp mx-3501n F2-42

code f2-42 magenta code have tried two new cart. replaced dev. runs and then codes again, once I noticed drum slightly covered with toner so I replaced it. Still have code. replaced dev agars. Machine does not keep toner level does not add after set up. What else could cause this code. Thanks

SC3

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: SC3 Sharp mx-3501n F2-42

Have you replaced the DV unit? Run SIM 25-1 and see what the reading is. If the reading is below 25 or above 231, the unit is bad.
    Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Have you replaced the DV unit? Run SIM 25-1 and see what the reading is. If the reading is below 25 or above 231, the unit is bad.
    Today I installed the unit I rebuilt code went from f2-42 to f2-40 so I now think it mabe the electrode covers I think I seen a post about that somewhere . Is there any bulletins out there about this thanks for the responce.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sc3 View Post
    Today I installed the unit I rebuilt code went from f2-42 to f2-40 so I now think it mabe the electrode covers I think I seen a post about that somewhere . Is there any bulletins out there about this thanks for the responce.
    Yes there is. Good luck with this.

Bil

process electrodeMFP-TB-323R.pdf

Thank You For the Information, but will it throw up random codes or specific to the case that is bad or leaking?
    again thanks
    SC3

Service Manager 100+ Posts glewisme's Avatar

Check the toner tubes! They've been updated and will cause these issues. They back up completely and become impacted an fail to add toner to the DV unit. All of the tubes have been updated!

That was one of the first test I did. Still would like to know if codes are general or specfic or random for the f2 before updates.
    Thanks SC3

Unhappy Re: SC3 Sharp mx-3501n F2-42

Quote Originally Posted by sc3 View Post
    That was one of the first test I did. Still would like to know if codes are general or specfic or random for the f2 before
    Thanks SC3

Hello Sc3 I also have this code "F2-42" that grieves me since I am a technician and having tried to fix my copier all my attempts failed I would like to know if you had to find a solution? If yes, please put me on the right track Courtoisely Fabwiss
    Hello Sc3 I also have this code "F2-42" that grieves me since I am a technician and having tried to fix my copier all my attempts failed I would like to know if you had to find a solution? If yes, please put me on the right track Courtoisely Fabwiss

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    SC3   Sharp mx-3501n F2-42

Quote Originally Posted by fabwiss View Post

Please start a new thread. The one you're replying to is 8 years old.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

There was a firmware update for false F2-XX codes for that machine. Are you using OEM sharp toner and developer or compatible. If using compatible you are creating headaches like this for the future. Things I normally check on F2-XX codes are...toner tubes, primary belt drive gear isnt broken and blade isnt flipped. Make sure the dv unit is turning....these had issues with the drive belts in the dv unit stretching and then not turning. I have also seen a bad or weak toner motor cause this. in sim 10 it will turn but it you put your hand on the gear it just stops. simple to eliminate this by swapping with one of the other color toner motors.