Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Unhappy sharp 2052 h3 00 error

Sharp H3 00 error - book says fuser overheating reading. Replaced thermister and made 50 copies before H3 code came back on, changed thermostat & bulb, same thing happens, machine comes to ready, makes anywhere from 25 to 50 copies, then H3 code, let machine cool, clear with 14 code and around it goes same problem. Is there something else that could cause this other than the fuser unit??? Ran diagnostics on fan systems, everything ok there. Please help!!!

imaginGuru

check this

You mean Sharp SF 2052?
    Perhaps the air vents or filters are dusty and they're blocking the hot air exhaust,
    or maybe the machine is too close a wall or furniture and hot air builds up in the system making H3 coming back.

Check-by seeing it- that the heat lamp makes its cycle, turning ON and OFF at times, if the heat lamp stays ON all-the-time you have to change the SSR (solid State Relay) , that controls the heater lamp.
    Otherwise you should consider main PWB.
    Also recheck the wiring in the fuser (look up for shorts to ground).

Good Luck.

imaginGuru

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    sharp 2052 h3 00 error

You anticipated my next suggestion. The fixing fans must run, and in the correct direction. Most fixing fans blow outward. I remember an AR-C160 with the same code that the fixing fan had been installed backwards. In low speed it didn't make that much difference. But in high speed the body heated up quickly.

Also clean or even remove any ozone filters that may impede air flow.

Make sure that the thermistor is contacting the heat roller, and that there is correct nipp width. I don't think that its adjustable on any of the Sharps, but excessively worn rollers can produce the same effect.

Service Manager 250+ Posts just a tech's Avatar
    have had what imaginguru described.. the fuser was heating but not cycling properly causing overheat condition..was relay..good luck..

Question Machine is an SF 2052, where is the relay?

Where is the SSR and exactly what does it look like? I looked it up in the service manual and could not find a reference to it. I have to go on the service call this AM and will try out all of the suggestions. Thanks for answering so quickly. I have 3 of these machines I service and this is the first real problem I have seen.

Service Manager 250+ Posts just a tech's Avatar
    i'm goin by memory here so please forgive me if i'm wrong about the location of the ssr..i believe it's down by the ac power supply board in the lower right corner of rear copier..but it's small (about 1 inch square and about a 1/4 inch thick) ..dark in color..i believe it's black..i know it has male connectors sticking up from it's surface..(believe there are 3 connectors)..sorry i ain't too much help here bud but maybe ya can find what i'm talkin about..good luck..

Talking Many Thanks for all the Help! Problem solved!

Problem was a cold solder in the SSR which was located on the AC PB. Showed it to customer and he was amazed Thanks Again!!!