Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

MX4111N Problems

heya guys, I am Having a very strange Issue with a sharp MX-4111N Mfp, Randomly the lcd screen would just freeze up, sometimes the icons on the home screen would disappear and the background would just do crazy stuff, last week the client called and said they saw error E7-03 on the mfp, when i got there the code was gone and the client was using the MFP,I am abit confused where i should start to Rectify this Problem, I have done a Firmware Upgrade with the latest one on IDNC, and still they would get random display issues, Can Someone Point me in the right direction?Should i change the display? Could it be a PWB?
    thanks in Advance.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MX4111N Problems

Lightbulb Re: MX4111N Problems

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: MX4111N Problems

Replace the HDD. I had a 5111 installed on Monday, HDD crapped out by Wednesday. They have not called back since the HDD was replaced. If it is less than 150 days, file a warranty claim; free part.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

ok Mojo the e7-03 Error is not there anymore should i still change the HDD?

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Print SIM 23-2. It will tell you the time and code of each error. A E7-03 can be fixed with a reboot many times. If I see a few too many, I replace the HDD. Mine was dumping the settings every 12 hours or so until the HDD was replaced. You can also download the job log and see if the time stamps match to print jobs. Certain file types and older networks can cause sporadic HDD errors.

Are you using Device Account mode by chance? I have noticed odd things when Device Account mode is used on these models.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

the cooling for the hard drives on this model is very bad. They get to hot usually. (especially if you have the HD imaging kit installed) Also one thing to check if the hard drive is not the issue for you is make sure the SD card has not come loose. Take it out and reseat it. We have had a few that customers bumped the machines and loosened the SD card slightly and caused it to lock up sometimes.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks hellcat i'll keep that in mind, I am about to bring it in to our workshop,Where i can take a batter look.