Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Error F1-15 Constantly On MX-FN1 Finisher.

Heya Guys, I have been to one off my clients that has an MXM623N MFP,I suspect that they had a box underneath the finisher trays and now everyrime you power up the MFP you get F1-15 Error, the problem is i dont have much experience on that finisher, so i dont know where to start to troubleshoot this Problem, I suspect that one of the trays on the finisher might have slipped from the vertical track thingy.Can someone help me please?By the way Merry Christmas to all, and thanks for everyone continued support making me a better tech .

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Error F1-15 Constantly On MX-FN1 Finisher.

Re: Error F1-15 Constantly On MX-FN1 Finisher.

Simplest way to try to correct it is to manually elevate the tray to the top position and see if it goes back down all the way without an issue.

Beyond that, removing the finisher and taking off the covers and manually realigning it to the track is the next best option.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    Simplest way to try to correct it is to manually elevate the tray to the top position and see if it goes back down all the way without an issue.

Beyond that, removing the finisher and taking off the covers and manually realigning it to the track is the next best option.
    hey Thanks Akitu, i did manually move the trays up to see if it would have reset itself, however had no luck there, is there a procedure somewhere i can follow to align the trays by manually taking those covers off?Thanks in Advance.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redserv View Post
    hey Thanks Akitu, i did manually move the trays up to see if it would have reset itself, however had no luck there, is there a procedure somewhere i can follow to align the trays by manually taking those covers off?Thanks in Advance.
    The manuals not much help on this. You can actually take the trays off of the finisher without taking any of the panels off (not recommended unless you have someone helping you) or at least you could on the ARFN15 and these are the same finishers, you will need to be careful of the cables connected to the tray if you try this. Then you can place the trays back into the tracks, you will need to eye the tray height to see if it they are level. There is a small opening under each tray where you can release the tray gears with a screwdriver and lower it down. Have you tried to move the trays in sim 3-3? If that doesn't work then the manual suggests replacing the finisher board then the lift motor.

Good luck.

Bil

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

hey thanks bilyahn for the tips, Using Sim 3-3 was one of the first things i did, However it did not work for some reason,I may have to bring the Finisher FN14 into the workshop to fix this problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Here is the section you might need.

Good luck.

Bil
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bilyahn View Post
    Here is the section you might need.

Good luck.

Bil
    Awesome Buddy thanks alot really appreciate this .

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

The FN15 and 16 have a known issue with a poor harness connection that can cause F1-15. Replace part #0CW4123K556//. You can also try bending the tray guides up to hit the actuator. If a box was there, it can bend the tray frame and keep it from hitting the actuator fully but will be fully functional in SIM mode. Another thing I have noticed on these finisher are F1-02. Although this code is a transport motor error, it is fixed by replacing the tray lift motors, which is in fact the F1-15 code. You may want to consider the 2 tray lift motors as well. To test, go into SIM 3-3 and start running the lift and transport motors; FPTM and FTLM, or something like that. A faulty motor will cause the machine to go into a locked state and the main power will need to be reset to recover. The one that locks the machine is usually the cause of the code.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

hey mojo merry christmas and happy new to you and your family man,Sorry if i did not give the correct info but the finisher is FN14, might be the same though, i will have to do some more troubleshooting.Thanks alot